Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting house on the market cheaply

Options
  • 30-07-2012 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I am not sure whether to sell my house or not but would like to put it on the market to see what i could get for it.

If i go through an estate agent and decide not to sell it will i just be charged their advertising fee?

Whats the cheapest way of doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

www.forsalebyowner.ie. If you don't sign up with them, you could try putting up a sign in the front garden and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It's usually sellers who complain about timewasters. It looks as if you want to waste an EA's time, and the time of people who are trying to buy houses, simply to satisfy your curiosity about the possible value of your house.

If you are genuinely interested in selling, do a bit of checking on local EAs and try to judge who has the best reputation (for the sector of the market your property falls into). Then speak to that EA, saying that you might be interested in selling, and asking for a guide on achievable price. Bear in mind that even the professionals are finding it very difficult to read the market at present.

Advertisement