Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chinese woman saved 30 abandoned babies

• 30-07-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2181017/Story-Chinese-woman-saved-30-abandoned-babies-dumped-street-trash.html

China's most incredible mother: Staggering story of the woman who saved 30 abandoned babies after finding them dumped in the street with the trash
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 13:27 GMT, 30 July 2012 | UPDATED: 16:14 GMT, 30 July 2012
    Comments (21) Share

Lou Xiaoying has been praised in China for saving more than 30 abandoned babies over the years
    A woman has been hailed a hero after details of her astonishing work with abandoned children has emerged.

Lou Xiaoying, now 88 and suffering from kidney failure, found and raised more than 30 abandoned Chinese babies from the streets of Jinhua, in the eastern Zhejiang province where she managed to make a living by recycling rubbish.
    She and her late husband Li Zin, who died 17 years ago, kept four of the children and passed the others onto friends and family to start new lives.
    Her youngest son Zhang Qilin - now aged just seven - was found in a dustbin by Lou when she was 82.

'Even though I was already getting old I could not simply ignore the baby and leave him to die in the trash. He looked so sweet and so needy. I had to take him home with me,' she said.

'I took him back to our home, which is a very small modest house in the countryside and nursed him to health. He is now a thriving little boy, who is happy and healthy.
    'My older children all help look after Zhang Qilin, he is very special to all of us. I named him after the Chinese word for rare and precious.
    'The whole thing started when I found the first baby, a little girl back in 1972 when I was out collecting rubbish. She was just lying amongst the junk on the street, abandoned. She would have died had we not rescued her and taken her in.
    'Watching her grow and become stronger gave us such happiness and I realised I had a real love of caring for children.
    'I realised if we had strength enough to collect garbage how could we not recycle something as important as human lives,' she explained.
    'These children need love and care. They are all precious human lives. I do not understand how people can leave such a vulnerable baby on the streets

This woman should be given a sainthood.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Redpunto wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2181017/Story-Chinese-woman-saved-30-abandoned-babies-dumped-street-trash.html

China's most incredible mother: Staggering story of the woman who saved 30 abandoned babies after finding them dumped in the street with the trash
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 13:27 GMT, 30 July 2012 | UPDATED: 16:14 GMT, 30 July 2012
    Comments (21) Share

Lou Xiaoying has been praised in China for saving more than 30 abandoned babies over the years
    A woman has been hailed a hero after details of her astonishing work with abandoned children has emerged.

Lou Xiaoying, now 88 and suffering from kidney failure, found and raised more than 30 abandoned Chinese babies from the streets of Jinhua, in the eastern Zhejiang province where she managed to make a living by recycling rubbish.
    She and her late husband Li Zin, who died 17 years ago, kept four of the children and passed the others onto friends and family to start new lives.
    Her youngest son Zhang Qilin - now aged just seven - was found in a dustbin by Lou when she was 82.

'Even though I was already getting old I could not simply ignore the baby and leave him to die in the trash. He looked so sweet and so needy. I had to take him home with me,' she said.

'I took him back to our home, which is a very small modest house in the countryside and nursed him to health. He is now a thriving little boy, who is happy and healthy.
    'My older children all help look after Zhang Qilin, he is very special to all of us. I named him after the Chinese word for rare and precious.
    'The whole thing started when I found the first baby, a little girl back in 1972 when I was out collecting rubbish. She was just lying amongst the junk on the street, abandoned. She would have died had we not rescued her and taken her in.
    'Watching her grow and become stronger gave us such happiness and I realised I had a real love of caring for children.
    'I realised if we had strength enough to collect garbage how could we not recycle something as important as human lives,' she explained.
    'These children need love and care. They are all precious human lives. I do not understand how people can leave such a vulnerable baby on the streets

This woman should be given a sainthood.

She's probably a Buddhist so maybe coming back as a butterfly would be more apt.

My god that's both an incredibly sad and overwhelmingly happy story. It's just horrendous to this these things go on in a modern world.

What a wonderful couple.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Given China's single child policy, any chance this is a scam to 'find' children and thus bend the rules.

Otherwise , the city is now the same size as Dublin and she's been finding one kid a year :(

That's incredible.. Such good and evil each time she saved a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Warms the heart to think of all those kids being alive and well because of her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Perhaps Chinks do have souls

Mod note: user banned

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

Absolutely amazing story. Well done to the woman. I hope this kind of thing is disappearing in line with China's economic growth...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

What kind of selfish ****s would bring a child to term and then chuck it in the rubbish. Sickens me. Fair play to the woman for what she did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Would you get this in modern, comfortable Ireland? Nope. Those with least, give most. The very soul of that woman is beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

What a fantastic human being.

Maybe there is hope for us after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

At first I thought she'd found the 30 babies at one time. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Given China's single child policy, any chance this is a scam to 'find' children and thus bend the rules.

Otherwise , the city is now the same size as Dublin and she's been finding one kid a year :(

Are you suggesting she had THIRTY children and claimed she found them? Ah come on !

She deserves a medal. That one child policy, while maybe it is needed, is unjust.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Are you suggesting she had THIRTY children and claimed she found them? Ah come on !
    Not her, friends and relatives.

Same way a lot of mothers pretend to have a late baby to cover for a daughters teenage pregnancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

She deserves a medal. That one child policy, while maybe it is needed, is unjust.
    The most populated province of India has managed to control it's population by educating women so they go on to have careers, most families now have only one or two children. I don't see China doing that effectively for a while yet. They don't even educate the majority of their population male or female. If you're from the country your effectively a second class citizen and have no right to education.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's quite common in China and other parts of Asia were babies are abandoned in dumps / bins, just left there to starve or let the elements take them.

Nice to see somebody had the heart to do something about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Not her, friends and relatives.

Same way a lot of mothers pretend to have a late baby to cover for a daughters teenage pregnancy.

I never thought of that. Its just shocking. Didn't Mother Teresa do something similar in India?

Advertisement