Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cavan or drogheda

Options
  • 30-07-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

I would love to hear some stories from both these hospitals.These are my 2 options and I just don't know enough about them.I have heard some not so great things about drogheda but nothing really on Cavan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 likedaddy

i've heard great things about cavan, it was one of my choices too with drogheda and the rotunda being the others. i went with the rotunda as i work in dublin so its handier than cavan.
    The MLU in drogheda has an amazing reputation but i was worried i wouldnt get into it and i grew up hearing all the horror stories about drogheda so i didnt want to go there. Having said that a few ppl i know who have been to drogheda to have their babies have said they'd go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

i have been a patient in cavan on many different occasions, for two surgeries, as an outpatient and am now due my first baby in august and am going to cavan. I have to say i can not fault them, they have a lovely mlu which i am not attending but it looks lovely and heard great things about it. The midwives are all lovely, i had to spend the day up in maternity ward a few weeks ago and they really could not have done enough. Any more questions u have about it if i can answer i wil :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

thanks so much,i am leaning towards cavan and delighted to hear from someone first hand.I really appreciate it.Gee G I may be back with some questions real soon,it's early day's for me yet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

heard good things about a mid-wife led unit in drogheda , as for cavan well just try not to need them on a weekend or out of hours

Well my baby boy is now tWo weeks old and I can not say a thing against cavan or their maternity unit. In fact I can not say enough good about them. The midwives are absolutely fantastic, could not do enough for us even though they are so so busy !! The doctor that was also present for the birth was great! I would not hesitate To go back again or to recommend them.

• Advertisement

thanks for the update gee g and congrats to you:)I have decided to go with cavan,just waiting to hear from them.I'm 8 weeks today and due for dating scan in monaghan at 12 weeks and back to doc at 12 weeks,when did you have your 1st appointment with the hospital?

Think I was 12/13 weeks for my first scan and couple weeks later with the doctor.

great thanks again:)

Advertisement