Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Restaurant Recommendation

Options
  • 30-07-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys it was suggested I try here for help

My dad is turning 70 and we are bringing him to London for the weekend later in the year for a meal and a show
    We are meeting up with all his family over there and need suggestions for a good restaurant that would be able to cater for all tastes so maybe not a specific cuisine such as Italian, French, Chinese etc.
    So any recommendations would be great especially around the Paddington area

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

I don't think I've been to any restaurants around Paddington so I don't know the area very well, but if you're going to a show that evening, somewhere in the West End might be handy? As it's a special occasion, The Hawksmoor Seven Dials might be good - their steaks are amazing but it is pricy, depending on your budget. I think that branch do a pre-theatre set menu too? Would recommend.

Or toptable might have some good suggestions for the area you're looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

we're going to a show on a different night so it will be just based around the meal, not too pricy as i'm going to be footing half the bill :rolleyes::D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

My boss has tried the best of London's restaurants so I just asked him what he would recommend and he gave me these ones near Paddington:

http://www.thewaterway.co.uk/Intro/

http://www.bumpkinuk.com/

http://www.theprincealfred.com/dining.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,277 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Skerries wrote: »
    Hi guys it was suggested I try here for help

My dad is turning 70 and we are bringing him to London for the weekend later in the year for a meal and a show
    We are meeting up with all his family over there and need suggestions for a good restaurant that would be able to cater for all tastes so maybe not a specific cuisine such as Italian, French, Chinese etc.
    So any recommendations would be great especially around the Paddington area

Cheers

If you want to keep to a fairly fixed budget but want to cater broadly, my suggestion will seem odd but try Rodizio Rico. Although it's a specific cuisine (Brazilian), I did it's more the roving waiters that are a brazilian concept. Asically, there's a buffet for starters followed by as much steak, chicken, sausage etc you want to eat from the BBQ. The waiters roam the restaurant to cut you wat you want when you want it; all for a fixed price. It's about £25 per head; not ultra high cuisine (I'd more likely go for Le Cafe Anglais or Assaggi) but a great night can be had and the unusual serving method can fill gaps in conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sadnav

There is a great place near Swiss Cottage called The Oslo Court. It's clientele are certainly more mature and the menu is massive. You must book, at least a month to six weeks in advance to have any chance of getting in though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Hi all,

Figured I'd resurrect this thread with a quick one-off. Since this board appears to be obsessed with burgers, I thought you'd like to know that the grandaddy of Californian burger chains, In-N-Out Burgers, has a one day pop-up today in Hendon between 10am and 3pm. More details are on twitter but the address is:

Florence Cafe
    Vivian avenue
    Hendon

I'm stuck in work but if anyone can get there and deliver a double double animal style to Notting Hill I'll love you longtime.

Advertisement