Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blueface service issues' please advise

• 30-07-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Been with blueface a few months and all fine most of the time. Have a yealink phone; am disabled and had to be the cheapest.

At the weekend the phone died and I found that the power cable had simply broken off by the input to the phone. No provocation, nothing.

Blueface are saying that although the phone is under warranty, as the cable was DAMAGED not faulty, they will not replace it, even if the firm will replace just the cable.
    Which they doubt.

It was clearly faulty; I have other items on power cables eg laptop, router,much older than the phone, and they are fine.

I cannot afford to replace this; and they want to charge delivery which will be E10. Just in sheer panic and without any phone as cannot afford a mobile phone.

Am mostly housebound and abed and have no one much coming in.

Grateful for any advice. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭housetypeb

In the short term download a soft phone from Blueface, It's basically a phone on your laptop and and you will be able to make and receive calls as long as your laptop is on,better than nothing.
    I have an Zoiper soft phone on mine as well as a real one.
    As for the broken cable I have no idea.
    http://www.blueface.ie/help.php mentions soft phone a few lines down,they recommend x-lite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

housetypeb wrote: »
    In the short term download a soft phone from Blueface, It's basically a phone on your laptop and and you will be able to make and receive calls as long as your laptop is on,better than nothing.
    I have an Zoiper soft phone on mine as well as a real one.
    As for the broken cable I have no idea.
    http://www.blueface.ie/help.php mentions soft phone a few lines down,they recommend x-lite.

Interesting; thank you,, but how does that fit with my freedomworld plan, please?

Sigh; they are implying that they cannot supply the cable on its own, and that thus it will mean a whole new phone? It is impossible to do that financially and after a very few months?

Will see what they say tomorrow... too tired tonight but at least some light on this.

I have emailed yealink, the phone suppliers also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Graces7 wrote: »
    Interesting; thank you,, but how does that fit with my freedomworld plan, please?

It should fit in perfectly. Your yealink phone was linked to your account and the online soft phone will be no different.
    I'm with Blueface as well and when I get a incoming call my two real phones and my computer soft phone all ring at the same time-it's just a matter of answering the nearest one.
    There's no difference between them really,(except your Yealink is physical and your soft phone is virtual)it all goes through your Blueface account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Been with blueface a few months and all fine most of the time. Have a yealink phone; am disabled and had to be the cheapest.

At the weekend the phone died and I found that the power cable had simply broken off by the input to the phone. No provocation, nothing. ......

Do you know anyone locally who is handy with small electrical items?

Even an ugly repair job should be better than being without.

Do you know anyone locally who is handy with small electrical items?

Even an ugly repair job should be better than being without.

Thanks! I am hoping the new cable will be here today. After a nasty series of mails from the so called support at blueface. Never a word of aplogy and they even suggest I go elsewhere! No response on their own forums either.. whatever happened to real customer service..

These cables are modules.. do not think they can be repaired and am ill in bed just now and with no phone

They are still alleging that I damaged the cable as appareently NEVER in all their life has this happened before! I know folk this has happened to and they now tape any new cables.. It s bad design as the cable plugs in underneath the phone so is at a bad angle all the time.

• Advertisement

housetypeb wrote: »
    It should fit in perfectly. Your yealink phone was linked to your account and the online soft phone will be no different.
    I'm with Blueface as well and when I get a incoming call my two real phones and my computer soft phone all ring at the same time-it's just a matter of answering the nearest one.
    There's no difference between them really,(except your Yealink is physical and your soft phone is virtual)it all goes through your Blueface account.

Sounds good; how please do I do this and does it link automatically with my account and why did they not advise on this rather than insulting and offensive emails. I DID ask them but too busy blaming and accusing; and yes, once all this is sorted there will be a formal complaint going in.

Not good on these techy things; getting too old!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Sounds good; how please do I do this and does it link automatically with my account and why did they not advise on this rather than insulting and offensive emails. I DID ask them but too busy blaming and accusing; and yes, once all this is sorted there will be a formal complaint going in.

Not good on these techy things; getting too old!

Your Yealink phone has a SIP account setup on it which is connected to your Blueface account. You can create a new sip account in Toolbox, SIP in the customer area. Than you download a softphone like 3CX Phone which is free and configure it.

If you need any help configuring the softphone on your laptop I can help you out.

If you want your number to ring the laptop and the phone than you can set that up under Call Forwarding.

Thanks everyone.. sad I fell for the sales pitch..

What would we do without the expertise of boards?

Cable is here so back on phone and will sort the softfone out too.

The cable is thin; around half the diameter of the router cable. It feeds in in the middle of the base so is under stress the whole while.

I will tape the vulnerable parts to strengthen them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Was the power adapter faulty when you got it?

It should have a standard 12 month warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If the pin broke off during normal use, they really should be able to claim it back against the supplier.

I'd suggest just ordering a new power supply.

Just google around for whatever model of phone it is and UK power supply and you should find something. I doubt it'd be much more than €10.00

Alternative, if you know the voltage of the device (it should be written on the power supply) you can probably pick one up in a local electrical shop fairly easily once you match the pin type.

If there's a local TV/video/electronics shop where you are, or you know anyone who is handy with that kind of stuff, maybe just get them to look at the phone.

It's more than likely just a fairly straight-forward DC power adaptor.

If it's come off inside the phone itself, you might need to get someone to remove the broken plug with a needle-nose pilers or something like that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement