Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you'd like to say to them

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm fast approaching 100 days to my wedding...
    But you are on my mind a lot,(not that you are ever far from it) especially now as the anniversary of year 9 without you rolls around!
    You're thought of often, and missed as much as ever...

Its really strange knowing that I'm getting married in 3 months and that while your Mam and Dad will be there, my mam won't.

I'm being pulled in so many different directions emotionally, my inherent sociopathy and compartmentilisation is being strained ;)

I can't imagine how my Fianceé is coping, but she is and she is doing it with grace aplomb that makes me question my luck in ever having such a woman love me again.

Our little dude isn't so little anymore! He already has his speech written for the big day...
    He is my best man and he really is the best of "us"

For a long time the hardest part of "moving on" was believing I had to leave you behind and put that part of my life aside...
    Instead I am now getting married to woman who has shown me that, you are part of what made me the person she loves.
    It cant be easy for her but she is a diamond....

Miss ya Kate!
    Love ya more than chips and always will, and I suppose its ok to love nacho's too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hey dad, Miss you so much, please watch over mam as she can't really cope. Things are falling apart without you. Miss you and love you so much.xx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I really missed you today. Wondering how much easier it would be if I could just talk with you, hear what you would have to say.
    Really wish you stayed longer with us... you went too young..........

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

our little darling angel gone now from us 13 years...we all wonder what kind of a young man you would be now. its hard sometimes to see your identical brother and know he is missing such a big part of his life having had you by his side talking your own little gibberish language for 2 years.

iv no doubt you would be the superstar he is at soccer and rugby and iv no doubt you would be best pals with my son your cousin...the day will play over and over in our heads forever. we all truly miss you so so much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

banie01 wrote: »
    I'm fast approaching 100 days to my wedding...
    But you are on my mind a lot,(not that you are ever far from it) especially now as the anniversary of year 9 without you rolls around!
    You're thought of often, and missed as much as ever...

Its really strange knowing that I'm getting married in 3 months and that while your Mam and Dad will be there, my mam won't.

I'm being pulled in so many different directions emotionally, my inherent sociopathy and compartmentilisation is being strained ;)

I can't imagine how my Fianceé is coping, but she is and she is doing it with grace aplomb that makes me question my luck in ever having such a woman love me again.

Our little dude isn't so little anymore! He already has his speech written for the big day...
    He is my best man and he really is the best of "us"

For a long time the hardest part of "moving on" was believing I had to leave you behind and put that part of my life aside...
    Instead I am now getting married to woman who has shown me that, you are part of what made me the person she loves.
    It cant be easy for her but she is a diamond....

Miss ya Kate!
    Love ya more than chips and always will, and I suppose its ok to love nacho's too ;)

What a lovely post (as always) Banie. So happy to hear your walk up the aisle is so soon and I just want to say that the way in which you have handled it all is so impressive. Well done on having your son as best man and of course having kept the family (in laws) together and in your lives is no mean feat. I'm sure it will be a bittersweet time but you appear to be marrying a good 'un! Make sure you come back and tell us all, but maybe in the wedding forum ;)

• Advertisement

I'm about to do my exams. I know you'll ring me up and call me names, cause that is how we bounce off each other. I did my dog grooming exam last week, I just imagine you are rolling around laughing, if you had a grave to roll in! Yeah we cremated you for good reason! :P Yep, I still miss you, and the banter.

You will never meet my OH, nor will he meet you, and it's him not meeting you that hurts so much. You were amazing, and I miss you. You would have taken the p1ss out of him something awful though. Ma got a new dog, to keep her busy, to try to fill the huge gap you left. You would love him too. His name is Reggie. He's a black Lab. I got a cat just before you left us, but we never got to talk about her. She is my little star, she was there while you were leaving and after you left. You were so funny with cats. I know you liked them but you treated them terribly! My geocache was found twice this year alone.

You are in my dreams sometimes, I wake up with hope I might see you again, but I know, you are, like your favourite band said, you are Gone Forever.

I'll try my best Da. I just wish I could see you just once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

It's your funeral today.. on the other side of the world.
    It feels so odd being so far from it all when you were an everyday part of my life for 7 years.
    I will always regret that we never got the chance to meet.
    I thought we had so much time still..
    You were the bravest person I have ever known, I will miss you everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Baybay

We will be married twenty five years tomorrow & I can't believe you won't be with us for the celebration. You've already missed your grandson's birthday & now this. I know it's only been a few weeks but if anything, you being gone is getting harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Andso

It should be your First Holy Communion on Saturday and instead of fussing over a new outfit I'm sorting out a cross for your grave. There isn't a day goes by without you in my thoughts. Just can't help wondering what you would be like. It's my friends boy communion as well, ye would have been in the same class and she doesn't have a clue how hard this is for me. I miss you

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Hi Mum, you left us 2 years ago today, I miss you everyday..I wish we could head out for tea and cake just one more time !!
    Love you..

• Advertisement

I'm just so lonely.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭chooey

I miss you more and more every day. Life just isn't the same without you. I love you more than anything and I need you so much at the moment. I just want to phone you and hear your voice again. It's getting worse over time, not better.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

My daughter just turned one. It's 9 months to my wedding. Dad, I know you're watching us and I've never wished harder that you were here. She'll know exactly who you are and your presence will be felt forever and a day. It just doesn't get any easier X

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hey there my loves, to the outside world i have some good stuff going on now however i'm scared how much i could fcuk it all up and wish one of you was here for a chat since we could always talk all our stuff out. I'm going to go with my instinct because i believe you lot might be there guiding. Mind each other, we'll look after each other here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

I'm really needing you around lately. And I'm just not feeling you around me much anymore. I'm scared and not sure what direction my life is headed in. I need you mam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

I wish I could tell my dad how much I loved him one last time and proud I am of him of all he achieved in life and especially of his two peacekeeping missions

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Like a lightning bolt, I lost a friend to suicide 2 years ago, what I'd have given to have said goodbye, couldn't even drag myself to the wake/funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Powerfairy

I have to go to the garage today Dad, first time ever bringing my car to a garage, you always did it for me. Today is the start of the "firsts" first time taking the car to the garage, and getting it fixed without you, and I hope they don't see a girl coming and rip me off. Next week is bringing the car to the NCT centre Without you, in 2014 you brought it for me, and rang me to tell me it passed, as I was at a wedding,
    I miss you every second of every day, I miss you so much I feel I cant breathe, my throat tightens up, my chest aches and I know its grief. I would do anything to see you again, you never leave my mind, my best friend, my world. my dad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Fifteen years ago you were taken from me. Love you always little bean. mam xx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I've been thinking of you lots recently. Facebook memories remind me of you every few days. Today I was looking through some old photos to find something and I came across the photos from when I submitted. That was a great few days. Mind you, the one from after the viva probably trumps all photos. It hits me every so often that you're gone. The kids are doing great. You'd be proud of them. Tonight it hit me like a stone that you're gone, and I cried for you. When I'm feeling blue... But now I can't look at you.

• Advertisement

I was remembering the trip we did on your birthday just after your diagnosis. You knew you'd never hike that trail with me on your birthday again. You wanted me on our own so you could tell me everything would be okay, though you knew it wasn't.

I held your hand all day like I was still little, numb from the shock of it all. I miss you ordering me around and telling what I should do. I'd give anything to hold your hand again, Sis. I love you so much.

Happy birthday.

I was remembering the trip we did on your birthday just after your diagnosis. You knew you'd never hike that trail with me on your birthday again. You wanted me on our own so you could tell me everything would be okay, though you knew it wasn't.

I held your hand all day like I was still little, numb from the shock of it all. I miss you ordering me around and telling what I should do. I'd give anything to hold your hand again, Sis. I love you so much.

Happy birthday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

So that's August over for another year, a year you guys should stil have been here for. I didn't participate again this year i can't bring myself to so.. I know i'll slowly get used to you lot not being around anymore but it hurts so badly some days it manifests to beyond my ability.. I love ye, sleep well..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

It is hard to believe your gone 25 years ago today. We are all doing/keeping well, wish you were here to join in some of the fun and get to know some of the people in our lives now. Always feel close to you when I go down to use your garage to fix the car or work on something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

You slipped away and I didn't know until the morning you were gone. One of the greatest guys who came into my life, a total gent and mad as a March hare when needed to be. Long live the King.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Birthday Son , doesn't seem like a year has passed since I last wrote those words:)

Time has a way of going past us, whether we want it to or not - days slip into months , then into years .
    Memories don't slip past , they stay .

Love you Son,
    Always x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I think about you frequently. You were the first close person to me who died. I'll never forget the day of your funeral - people bypassing your family to come sympathise with us. I remember saying goodbye, but nothing could have prepared me for the phonecall from the hospital. You weren't like a second gran to me, you were a second gran to me. I was your princess and I can't hear about the proms without thinking of you and our Sunday afternoon dates.

Your sister died recently. I couldn't make it to the funeral. Although you're gone, what, 17 years? I still see it as your house. Never anyone elses. Your car is still in the driveway! I wonder what will happen with the house now. Hopefully nice people move in. A nice house deserves nice people.

So yeah, since she died I've been thinking of you a lot. I miss you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I remember how you used to tell me cop on and have savvy. I know you loved me and I was your best friend after ma, but you weren't afraid to tell me when I was being stupid.

I know you wouldn't be proud of some of the things I've done, and I'd almost swear you made a divine intervention yesterday, because I got the scare of my life.

You would have told me I deserved it for being stupid, as you were not a man for coddling your sons. You were definitely not a man who believed his children could do no wrong.

I always knew I've acted like an idiot to people in the past, but in the same breath I didn't care enough to change my ways. I'm not going to make any grand statement Da, all I can say is that I think I've changed a little bit after yesterday, hopefully for the better.

Happy birthday, mum. x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

We loved the excitement we got from viewing your scans.

We loved the thrill we got anytime I placed my hand on your mam's baby bump.

We adored the butterfly feeling we got whenever you reacted and when you were getting your cuddles off me.

I'll miss you son, I never thought I would be carrying my first born son out of a hospital in a coffin but sometimes that's how the world works. You will always be our little peanut.

Advertisement