Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you'd like to say to them

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭chooey

Miss you more than words can say. I wish you could meet her and be the amazing granny that I know you would be. I'm heartbroken without you and absolutely dreading Christmas this year. It will never be the same again. I need you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

We all miss you Kev, no one can believe that's you're gone. Till we meet again my friend, we all love you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

Thank you for loving me. Thank you for loving our children. I miss you and love you so much. I wish you could see our children now. The boys are grown up. Our little girl is almost a teenager. I miss you so much and it's so lonely without you.

"If the sun refused to shine I would still be loving you".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I said it all while I held your hand and I hope you heard it all. You meant the world to me, and you always will. I hope that you'd have been proud of the send-off we gave you. And I hope you'd be happy with me today too. I just wish you could have heard it because I think you'd have liked it too. I miss you so so much that it hurts.

Sleep tight. x

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

So it's what i grimly refer to as anniversary season again. There will be plenty of people popping up in stories and memories the next ten weeks or so.. It's a very bittersweet time, still more bitter really.. Give me strength, i hope all of you struggling find enough for yourselves too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I'd like to say how great a Dad he was, that however skint he was, we had a great Christmas, or week away at the seaside in summer. How Christmas won't be quite the same this year for me and my kids without him and his weird and wonderful presents from all the countries he visited. I'd say thanks for being there for us, and sorry we weren't more help to you when Mum died and not being forgiving enough for when you were down afterwards.

Miss you Dad

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

I Miss you! x

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

I miss you so so much Dad. I can't believe you are gone and I will never see that smiling face again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I hate you for leaving so suddenly and I hate you for not being here.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Powerfairy

2017 my first start of a brand new year without you, my first January without you dad. That fact makes me so sad. Miss you everyday. 6 months since we spoke today, before you lost your speech, love you so much,x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

abcd

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭chooey

10 months without you and I miss you more than ever. It's not fair that we lost you when we did

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Hi Dad. Life is moving on, as it usually does. All the talks we had about how you would eventually, inevitably die, we never discussed what happens after! All that business is coming to a close now and I have such a ball of anxiety right in the center of my chest waiting for it to be over with. I've decided what to do with your ashes, although your son doesn't deserve the gift he'll get, a piece of you will always be with him. I have a brief moment still, of "wonder what Dad's up to, give him a call" and then I remember.

While I was shopping for Christmas I looked at things I'd have bought for you that I think you'd enjoy, the only major thing was no new Terry Pratchett book, and weirdly that hurt too. I don't think I'll ever stop picking out things I would have gotten you.

Keep looking after me Dad, I still need it. Love you xxx

3 years on Tuesday, Dad. Time flies. Had a drink or 10 in your honor last night with everyone. Bit of a memorial/celebration event. Your wife/my mother is in full remission and I'd like to think you had something got to do with that. Cheers, old man :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

I'm sorry that night I saw you dead on a slab in the hospital that I didn't wrap my arms around you and hold you tight to me. I was in such shock. You had gone out at 10.30pm just 19 yrs of age with your blonde hair in GHD curls your long nails painted your makeup and false tan perfect . At 11.30 you were gone killed by speed as you pleaded with that driver to stop the car so you could get out. I still see that driver with his new girlfriend and baby. He walked free with s suspended sentence no value placed on your precious life. I look after your mum and dad a lot because that's what you would have wanted I think it's been ten tears now and they are still crushed. I miss your lovely smile. You should be thirty now settling down having babies buying an apartment. Every time there's another car crash in Ireland we all feel the pain of that family joining this exclusive club no one wants to be a member of . Losing you broke all our hearts but it makes us realise what's important family friends health. Love always to you L from your adoring aunt A

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Why?? Just why?

I'm so sorry. If I could've been a better friend to you, if I knew you were suffering idve done anything to help. I'm sorry if i missed a clue from you along the way.
    I really hope you are at a truly restful peace now. Ill miss you for a very long time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

An anniversary and a funeral today. It's all so hard to bear at times. Rest well, see you some time in the future, keep an eye out for your kids, i will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Just happened across this thread. Felt a little tinge down my spine- family and loved ones are what's important at the end of the day.
    Love and thoughts to all you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

18 years on Tuesday.

Can't believe it's been that long.
    I was just a wee girl back then. It hit me like a brick wall.

I wonder what would you say if you could see me now.
    That's all. I just wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

My house is finished Dad. Remember when we walked the fields marking out the site? I'd love if you could see it, you'd be so proud. Miss you til the cows come home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

6 years ago Thursday we lost you, it's a day/few days that'll play over in over in my mind for the rest of day, I've marked the first week of March as "them dark days", having seen you in the hospital the night before, it broke my heart seeing you there breathing with the aid of a machine. I left the room as I couldn't deal with you withering away in front of me, told you I'd see you on Friday..

Pulled from school before lunch that Thursday afternoon, as mam had a gotten a message saying you might not make it through the afternoon, and to get the kids so they could say their last goodbyes.

There was a very slim chance of recovery, even the slimmest of hopes I held on hoping you'd pull through, so I wandered outside to have a cigarette, dad followed behind, it was a quiet conversation, not much was said, then again, what could be said. Cigarettes were had and stubbed, we headed back inside, I told mam I had wanted to go home, relatives on dad's side of the family were there, offered to bring me home, said the same thing I said the night before, "I'll see you tomorrow" - Those were my last words to you. As I was heading for the car park with dad's sister and her daughter, mam had rang saying you were gone. My whole world had come crashing down around me.. The days that followed were a blur.

It still hurts and will hurt forever..

"I'll see you tomorrow" Granddad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 headoverheels

I'm so sorry I didn't always make enough time for you, as you were always there for me my big brother.
    I will never forgive myself for that.

If only I knew that a mere 3 weeks ago would of been the last time I would ever see you, I'd of stopped time and held onto you forever.

Please come back to me in my dreams and chat to me like we used to

I'll make sure your 3 little ones will never forget you.. their all so like you I don't know if I feel pain or comfort when I look at them....

Rest easy my gentle giant
    Your heartbroken sister X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Stopped Clock

I'm so sorry I was horrible to you in the early stages of your illness. I was devasted and terrified when I learned you had dementia but so were you. I lost sight of that and I should have been kinder. I wish I hadn't screamed at you in the car park the time you got "lost" and couldn't figure out how to get into my car. I wish I hadn't got mad at you when you couldn't remember words or follow my instructions. You told me once that I scared you but I was too pig-headed and young to understand. You were always such a wonderful, compassionate woman so I hope you forgive me.

I grieve every day for two things. The life you never got to live because of this awful disease. The tears you shed, the anguish you felt because you knew your mind was going. The happy family events you never got to enjoy.
    I cry for the mother I lost. I've lost my way and I would give anything to have you at my side. I wonder what way my life would've turned out if you hadn't fallen ill. Would it be better? I don't know. I'm going to wipe away my tears now and keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hi Mum,
    I called with flowers earlier and a chat, its a beautiful Spring day, one of the days you loved so much. No doubt you would be out in your beloved garden today..Today is Mothers day, I still miss you so much, nearly 3 years since you left us..Thats life I guess..
    Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Dad, I just realised that I never thanked you. I guess I was too young to realise what it would actually entail to be your soul beneficiary, but by god I do now. All the work you did in your entire life was left to me and that is no small thing. It came at the perfect time, the rest our lives are about to begin in the most magical and extraordinary ways and it's all thanks to the foundation you left me with. All thanks to you. I know you were proud of me and you'd be proud of how far I've come in the past 2 years since your death. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I'll put the kettle on before I start crying again :)

your daughter xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

We visited your grandkids this evening bringing copious amounts of chocolate. You would be so proud of them, seeing the almost man the boy has turned in to and the girls who never met you in this life. I have no doubt you watch over them. We'll miss you at dinner tomorrow, mam is going all out as usual. Sleep tight, miss you every single day and love you more than ever xx

Oh and P, K is here with us. We're looking after her and she is well. Will visit soon, I'm sorry it's taken so long. I'm not strong enough to see you the way you are now. It's selfish I know, I promise I'll do better. See you soon x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

redshoes15 wrote:
    Oh and P, K is here with us. We're looking after her and she is well. Will visit soon, I'm sorry it's taken so long. I'm not strong enough to see you the way you are now. It's selfish I know, I promise I'll do better. See you soon x

Sorry to intrude but I have read your posts and they are filled with sorrow. Your very last 3 words full me with concern. Would you like to talk?

nhunter100 wrote: »
    Sorry to intrude but I have read your posts and they are filled with sorrow. Your very last 3 words full me with concern. Would you like to talk?

Biggest apologies for causing concern, I'm absolutely fine. I do appreciate your kind words and offer of a chat, there should be more folk like you around. The world would be a better place for it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

redshoes15 wrote: »
    nhunter100 wrote: »

Biggest apologies for causing concern, I'm absolutely fine. I do appreciate your kind words and offer of a chat, there should be more folk like you around. The world would be a better place for it :)
    Glad you are ok. It's good in this hectic world to know that there are nice people like nhunter100 around.

Advertisement