Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you'd like to say to them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Happy Easter dad we are all here having the big leg of lamb for lunch but it will not be the same without you sitting at the head of the table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

redshoes15 wrote:
    Biggest apologies for causing concern, I'm absolutely fine. I do appreciate your kind words and offer of a chat, there should be more folk like you around. The world would be a better place for it

Thank you for replying, I hope you can find peace. Please though if ever you feel the need to vent I'm here. My user name is there I won't ignore you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭storker

Dad,

You deserved better. All you ever wanted was to provide for your family, help people and be useful. And you did a great job, until you couldn't, and even then you still tried. Sometimes I wish that we could have really talked about things, but you weren't that kind of man, and I know that you'd have been embarrassed by a conversation like that. It doesn't matter, none of us were in any doubt about how much you loved us.

The girls still remember you, and not a day goes by when we don't think about how much joy you'd get from them if you were still here.

You were the best role model any man could hope for; you were just very quiet about it. The best way to be, I suppose. I do try to live up to your example. It may not seem like it sometimes, but I really do. I miss you.

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Edit nevermind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Easter Mam , no lamb since you left us , you'd laugh at that :)

Love and miss you always x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

It's 10years in a few days. How? Will never forget getting that phone call thousands of miles from home, my poor Dad in floods of tears knowing his words would devastate me. I just collapsed in a heap on the ground. Will always be filled with what ifs. I do believe you are looking out for us. There's no logical explanation for it but I do feel your presence. You are a very special person M. You were hurt so badly and I don't think you ever got over it.

Hey Da! June 4th Cry Before Dawn are going to be playing on a stage right outside the old shop! Right outside! Your da's old shop! Your old shop! I wish you could come too, instead I'm going to bring my boyfriend. You would have liked him a bit, after a while. He's great! But I know you would have had nothing in common with him. He's going to take me to see Cry Before Dawn, that special band, in that special place, because he knows how important this is to me. I dare say Ma will come too, because this is THAT special, but you know Da, she'll be bored witless. I can picture me moshing in the square will a load of auld lads, sure you knew you were an auld lad! And him and my ma sitting in the car saying "she'll come back when she's ready". I bet I meet some of your friends there too! You should have been here Da. I know you really, really wish you were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Happy 16th Birthday Son.....your twin sis has done the usual...managed to get nearly 2 weeks out of her birthday...
    Exams coming up...so look out for her.

Miss u forever. xoxoxoxo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Hi
    Mum, it would of being your 87th birthday today, you were like a good wine, you just got better with time.
    I still love you and miss you even more.
    Thank God I (we) still have Dad.
    Xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

I'm ok. I miss you everyday but I'm ok. I hope wherever you are you are happy and have some peace. I will always miss and love you. You will always be my most favourite human ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

as i drove my son and nephew up to their first junior cert exam i couldn't help but feel you should have been in that car too with us and your twin brother. miss you every single day, but i guess its the milestones like today that make me think of you more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Hi Bubbles1978...I had a snap day....Junior Cert day and only droping one off....does.nt ever get easy....

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Powerfairy

Dad i passed 3 accountancy exams today :) You would be so proud. I failed one, but passed the rest. I know you got me through them. and I hope you get me through the one in August that i will be repeating. You are my angel from afar, God I Missed you so much today, I have a constant lump in my throat and it will not leave thinking about last year. Last year when i rang you, and told you i Passed you were so proud, and rang everyone in the family. This year I couldn't ring u. and that was incredibly hard. I miss you every single day of my life. I never stop thinking of u. 11 months gone today daddy. It never gets easier. Love you & miss you dad xxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Still miss you dad. 18yrs may have flown but it seems only like last night I had to call that ambulance for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hi Mum, 3 years since you left us.. I think of you everyday and miss you loads !! I took Dad down to the graveyard and left you a lovely flower, a dahlia, one of your favourites, Hope you like it...
    RIP...

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Dad, I did it! I got it! I'm going to make you so proud, I can just imagine ringing you up telling you, you'd be so happy. I love you Dad.

"Drawn by the undertow
    My life is out of control
    I believe this wave will bear my weight
    So let it flow"

All my love, your Daughter xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Powerfairy

You were one year gone yesterday,
    The end of the year of "firsts" first Christmas without you / first birthday.. first fathers day.
    I sent your anniversary obituary to the local paper this morning, with a lovely picture of you.
    I hope you would like it. Short and sweet. You wouldn't like a long poem, I know that for sure.
    Miss you more than words can say. xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Baybay

Mam, really missing you this week. I know what you'd have said but I'd really like to hear you say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Nearly 6 years Mammy, you'd have fallen head over heels in love with my daughter. She's a mischievous pup and has your grey eyes. Please keep looking out for us

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's your birthday today, didn't see thirty though did you? I hope you're ok wherever you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Mammy, your little granddaughter is just so precious. She laughed out loud today for the first time. Who do you think she looks like? I wish you got to meet her..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Mam - I said at your graveside you'd send me a little girl and you did. She is an amazing young lady now - not a little girl any more. She's funny, clever - knows amazing stuff and most of all she is a beautiful little singer and oh she loves dogs like you and I do. Dad you'd have loved your youngest granddaughter. Bernie I know you are watching your niece and she took your name for her Confirmation name out of love for you and she still talks about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭chooey

Mam, I'm sitting here in your favourite place and it's just not the same without you. The soul of the place is missing. I cannot believe you'll never get to meet her. You would have adored her. It all just seems so unfair

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

This is the first time I'm come home from a trip abroad and not been able to talk to you about the things I've seen and done. You were the only other person in the family who was interested in travelling in the Middle East and North Africa (Nanny's still blaming my itchy feet on the stories you told me) - I want to sit down beside you and tell you about the random conversations in the cafes, my attempts to bargain in the bazaars, and most of all about watching the cargo ships and destroyers and oil tankers lining up on the Bosphorus. I can nearly hear your questions and your laugh, but it's not the same.

I miss you so much, granda.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

I missed the text I knew you'd send this morning, "Good luck today, hope you're not the oldest one there!" I know you're with me through the sh!t and I know you're with me through the best times, just like you were in life. I had a great day today, and I'll continue having great days. The wave is truly carrying me now Dad, keep blowing my sails.

Love from your daughter xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Andso

It is 10 years tonight since I last heard your heartbeat, I miss you more than words can ever say ,my beautiful little boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

Jesus...just looking through my wardrobe and some of your old clothes still have your smell, even though I've washed them loads since you left; and despite over three years passing, (3?!!) realising you're really gone hurts so much that i can't breathe. I really miss those indecipherable txtspk filled txts you used to send. I miss you everytime I see a silly wine glass gimmick (I recently saw a phone case that had a glass of wine that moved on the back and I nearly bought it for you and then I remembered you were dead and almost lost it in the middle of the stupid shop.)
    We could've really done with your help at the start of the month. It's a stupid thing to feel, but any family bereavement feels far worse now because it's a reminder that there's now another supportive person missing; and not just any supportive person, but the best. Despite being the youngest of your siblings, you made those moments that bit easier, they could always rely on you to appear with a smile, a hug, a shared tear, a word of wisdom or some flowers or goodies to raise a smile, if only for a few minutes.
    So your brother-in-law is somewhere with you now, keep an eye on him please, he was never the best with a bunch of new strangers, but he turned into such a good dude and he's missed muchly here...miss and love ya loads Godmother dearest, xx

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Paranoid Bob

I'm sorry I couldn't let you die at home. I know that is what you wanted, but I just couldn't do it.
    I'll never forget the last words you spoke to me, but I understand.

We had some great times together. I miss you. I love you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

Nanny, I knew you didn't look great that night I popped in to see you, if only I went with my intuition instead of listening to you.
    Would it have made a difference?

Nearly 6 months now and I can't stop thinking of you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Mam , I know you were smiling and shining down on G last week , noone could have asked for a better day . She beamed the whole day through , your little grand daughter , a beautiful Bride :)
    We know you were there , flying over her to land high up in the stained glass window , we all turned to say it at the same time ! And at the reception too , crazy we must seem to others ! Love you always :)x

Advertisement