Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you'd like to say to them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Hey! You were a great peson and in sorry I didn't appreciate you more. I'm glad to know now that you appreciated every moment. Why did I not know this until now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

It's your big birthday. V hard day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Hey dad, Will you look down on mam as she seems to be having a bit of a hard time at the moment. I thought things would get easier but a few years on and I still miss you more then ever. Love you lots xx

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You should have been there last night. I was not supposed to be the token. I fcuking miss you like crazy.

Hey, Its your three year anniversary and I'm having a very sad day. Miss you and love you so much. Please keep watching over us.xx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A week since you were buried, couldn't even go to the funeral, another friend gone too soon.. There's way too many of you all out among the stars, mind each other and spare the odd thought for us here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Out and about in the shops today, saw a novelty tea-pot and my first thought was "Nana would love that" Nana died 5 years ago. Tonne of bricks.

Well our little man started secondary school and he is so happy and enthusiastic, you would be soo proud. Keep watching over him xx

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Thinking of you today on national suicide day.

I miss you so much, there is so much I want to tell you/show you. You left a huge hole in our lives that can never be filled.

3 years later and I still cant believe you are gone - WHY??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Payton

It was your birthday on Tuesday, it's just not the same. No funny text to send to you, no tacky card. But you left us with beautiful memories...memories that make me smile. You've no more pain you had your share of hardship on your journey. Forever in our taughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

I'm sorry I didn't phone you that night, like I had said I would.
    I didn't know I'd never get to speak to you again.

I'll live with that regret for my whole life but I do comfort myself with the fact that I'm confident you knew how much I loved you. At least I hope you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Owney - till we meet again some day soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Dad, ok fine. Ok? I've given up the cigarettes. Ok? HAPPY? I can just imagine your face if you were here and I told you that. You'd be beaming and demand a cup of tea. I wont lie, I miss my phone flashing your name. I miss you bursting in the door. The cat even seems to miss you, she sat on your laptop bag just the other day! (And would you believe that little b!tch has started eating wet food! 5 years later!) Ben is in Australia now. What a dick, just living his amazing life! I'm super proud of him, as I know you would be.

Let me tell the truth, I've really been missing you lately. People say it gets easier with time. It doesn't. It just gets easier to cry silently at night, it gets easier to hide the pain. It gets easier to pretend I'm just fine. You were my best bud, Dad. I can't help but think if Joe was here it'd be a lot easier. I know it would be. If he'd have stayed just one more year, we'd have gotten through a ****ty time together, you dying would have given him something to live for, even if it was just me. I hope you're looking after each other up there Dad, going fishing and drinking tea with grandad. And even though I've given up the fags, please don't expect the Coca-Cola to go next. Please, just let me keep one vice!

Keep looking after me Dad, I really need it. Love you x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

I cannot imagine life without you both, and then I realise you are both gone. My heart is broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I can't help but think both of ye are behind me driving me and pushing me this year.
    I've done so many things I was too afraid to do before. Traveled on my own several times and crossed so much off my bucket list. Doing so well in my job and university too. Some things aren't perfect but I can see you Dad still saying 'You don't need a man, you were always bad at picking them anyway'.. well, we all know that was true!

I'll never stop missing you both. My best friends. xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Thank you for helping me get to where I am. Thank you for teaching me so much without me even realising it. I love you so much. I often smile thinking about our Sunday morning chats with me sitting on the counter when you didn't our hair.

I'm so grateful I got the chance to tell you I love you before you died.

Please look after Dad. He's still heartbroken. He always will be. But he carries on for you and for us.

I wish you were here to see our little girl. You'd love her. She's great craic. There's so much if love you to have seen and It's unfair that you missed it but I know you're looking down on us, helping us like you always did.

Hey there, I'm making another new start tomorrow and I am so nervous. Please watch over me and maybe I might make you proud. love you lots.xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

We buried you this day last week and I still can't believe you're gone. You were the glue holding out big, crazy extended family together. I don't know what we'll do without you. I can't even say D's name without automatically saying yours too - you were so good together.

Look after D, wherever you are. It was his birthday yesterday. My heart is broken for him. We'll take care of him and your girls as best we can. They're hardly "girls", but still. You'd be proud of them and how they're being so strong. A even got a job yesterday - you'd have been ecstatic!

It's not fair that you went so young and so suddenly. I always thought you'd be here when I had a family of my own - the mad old grandaunt they'd adore. Like we all adored you. I spoke to all the "kids" of the family and you were by far the favourite auntie! Nothing will ever be the same without you.

I don't think I'll ever understand this. The words of the priest at your funeral, while kind, gave me no comfort. I'm not sure where you've gone, but I like to think you're around in some shape or form.

Rest in peace, M. I love you. We all do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Birthday , and Anniversary Son. You know what's in my head, I talk to you there often enough :)

Thanks for always being with us , love you always x x

I miss you even though I don't remember you. I wonder every day if you'd be proud of the person I've become. Help me not be to scared of leaving my own kids like you left me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

I love you, even if it's just one last time. xx

I still can't believe your gone as it was so sudden. I love you, and I want to hold you and kiss and hug you. Your always my mam, Forever my friend xxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Mam

It's 1 year and 1 month since I watched you leave us. Cannot believe how much has changed in that time. Sometimes I still feel like my lungs stop working when I think of you. How ironic that it was your lungs that failed, sometimes I feel like mine are doing the same when I think of that day. I know you're always with me, I'm still shocked at how I've coped so good with all this. Must be because of N's death all those years ago, I had no idea how much it would prepare me for your death. So much older and wiser now than I was back then. I hope you can help me keep strong with the things bothering me now.

I know I have unreal strength, more than the men at home for sure. I must have gotten it from you, your silent strength that you had is honestly very difficult to comprehend, you suffered so much in life and you never complained ever. You deserved the best in life, it's just such a shame how things turned out. I still miss you more than words can describe, and I still do have my days where I hit the floor and cry for a few hours missing you. Just cant believe how far I've come in a year. That counsellor was the best thing to ever happen me.

One last thing. Please help me with C. I was all over the place, I didn't know what to do anymore. I know I did right, but I still feel so uneasy and unable to move on. I need help :( I've found that issue almost as difficult as your death. Keep an eye on Dad, he's a shell of who he used to be. There's only so much I can do to help him. If I take on more than I can chew (which I already have) then I will crumble. I love you so much Mam, and really wish you were still alive. In my angry days, I would honestly trade in every single person I know, just to have you back.

X

Mam,

I'm sorry ive started smoking cigarettes but ironically it helps me deal with the pain of losing you... Even though I haven't dealt with it yet. I can't believe its been 2 weeks already! My heart is literally in shreads. But I try not show others my pain. I need to be strong for F.........n your adoring grandson (4) and for da. I hope your proud of me and I want to make you proud of me. I love you to the moon and back again xXxXxXx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I feel so deeply sorry for you, As badly as you treated me I can't begin to think what you went through when she passed away. A tradgedy at such a young age to a horrible condition.

Mam,
    I'm delighted to day ive stopped smoking and I'm sorry I ever started in the first place. I though it would help - in my mind it did - but really when in reality it didn't. I just want to get a sign from you so I know your ok. I miss you so so much and just want you to be proud of me. I know you are and always where. I love you forever xxxx

Anniversaries - pain doesn't lessen it's the ability to bear it that increases. Love you C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

I still miss you.

It still hurts to think of you.

I still cry.

Happy birthday N, still can't believe you're gone..

• Advertisement

I rang your phone today.Completely forgot that you were gone.Its only been two months.Cant believe that Ive forgotten already.
    I just want one more conversation with you.You were always there when I needed you.Always gave me advice and sometimes advice that I didn't want to hear.I could do with that advice now.
    **** man.I don't know how I forgot you were gone.Only when I heard that cut off tone on the phone today did it register.
    Hope the 2 boys and M are ok without a father this Christmas.

Advertisement