Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying potato farls in Dublin?

Options
  • 30-07-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Where can I buy potato farls in Dublin? I know I can't find them in Centra and Spar in Ballymun, and the Tesco in Temple Bar. Help, anyone? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Well since you mentioned the city center, you could try Lidl on Parnell St. There's also a Tesco there, I think. Have you asked the staff if they stock them or did you just look on the shelves and decide from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

I usually get them in Tesco so you may just need to try a bigger store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Tesco or M+S should have them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Aldi (in Santry Ave) have them too. Also Tesco, definitely in the Omni, never tried Ballymun SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Bigger tesco's should definitely have them, Artane,Clare Hall, Clearwater etc. Jervis is pretty big so you might get them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

As an aside, what can you do with them? Fry? Toast them? Also what would you serve them with?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

tallpaul wrote: »
    As an aside, what can you do with them? Fry? Toast them? Also what would you serve them with?

They are best served as part of a fry (fries up north are the best with their soda farls and potato farls), especially if fried in the fat that comes off your sausages and/or rashers. But it's really nice just toasted with some butter as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

aliceblank wrote: »
    Where can I buy potato farls in Dublin? I know I can't find them in Centra and Spar in Ballymun, and the Tesco in Temple Bar. Help, anyone? :)

They're very easy to make, there's a recipe on the odlums website for potato cakes that's good, I make it without the eggs and it's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

They're very easy to make, there's a recipe on the odlums website for potato cakes that's good, I make it without the eggs and it's lovely.

I agree.
    Also, I am going to split hairs and point out that a farl is a quarter of a circle so the square potato cakes that Tesco sell, are not farls at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

The Tesco in Temple bar normally has the Paul Rankin farls.

• Advertisement
Advertisement