Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 13 Player Ratings

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Mina Abundant Gynecologist

During the Madden NFL 13 webcast, EA Sports listed the player and coaching legends. Many of them will be available to use right away, others will be available via pre-order and Madden Ultimate Team (Joe Montana was confirmed as one of them from MUT).

The Canton team, which includes 27 all-time greats will be available in Play Now. You can also play as 1 of 33 legends in Connected Careers, as you try to compare your career against Hall of Famers.

Also mentioned, the Super Bowl will feature a new pre-game coin toss and Vince Lombardi Trophy presentation with legends bringing the trophy out to the players. Legend quarterbacks will have their own throwing motion and legend coaches will have their own playbooks.

If your player retires and meets the qualifications to become a Hall of Famer, you don't have to wait 5 years, it happens right after retirement (not realistic, they wanted to make it "Fun"). Speaking of retirement, players can come back into the NFL after they have retired. Will we see Brett Favre make a return?

Coaching Legends
    Tom Landry
    John Madden
    Dick Vermeil
    Vince Lombardi
    Tom Flores
    Joe Gibbs
    Bill Walsh
    Player Legends
    John Elway
    Marshall Faulk
    Barry Sanders
    Jerry Rice
    Lawrence Taylor
    Warren Moon
    Joe Montana
    Deion "Primetime" Sanders
    John Mackey
    Emmitt Smith
    Dick "Night Train" Lane
    Troy Aikman
    Gene Upshaw
    Shannon Sharpe
    Mean Joe Greene
    George Blanda
    Kellen Winslow, Sr.
    Ronnie Lott
    Dave Casper
    Walter Payton
    Michael Irvin
    Reggie White
    Rod Woodson
    Derrick Brooks
    Otto Graham
    Steve Young
    Kurt Warner
    As previously mentioned, many legends are available right away, others are available via pre-order, as listed below.
    Amazon: Joe Gibbs and Lawrence Taylor
    Best Buy: Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice
    GameStop: John Madden and Barry Sanders
    Origin: Dick Vermeil and Marshall Faulk
    Walmart: Tom Landry and John Elway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Entire half back and full back ratings are out:

madden13rbratings.jpg

Turner, McFadden, Lynch and Johnson are just outside the top 10. Tolbert, Robinson, Jackson, Sproles and Bradshaw are all highly rated too. Rookie Trent Richardson in at 83 overall.

Vonta Leach the main man in the full back ratings with a 92 rating overall :cool:

Top 10 WR's should be tomorrow, before the entire WR ratings are released on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

#10- Hakeem Nicks 94
    #9 - Roddy White 94
    #8 - Wes Welker 95
    #7 - Steve Smith 95
    #6 - Jimmy Graham 95
    #5 - Vernon Davis 95
    #4 - Andre Johnson 97
    #3 - Larry Fitzgerald 97
    #2 - Rob Gronkowski 97
    #1 - Calvin Johnson 99

What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Stev_o wrote: »
    #10- Hakeem Nicks 94
    #9 - Roddy White 94
    #8 - Wes Welker 95
    #7 - Steve Smith 95
    #6 - Jimmy Graham 95
    #5 - Vernon Davis 95
    #4 - Andre Johnson 97
    #3 - Larry Fitzgerald 97
    #2 - Rob Gronkowski 97
    #1 - Calvin Johnson 99

What a joke.

Lots of TE love in there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Lots of TE love in there

Yeah, TE's are not WR's it should be a pure WR list rather than including the the hybrid TE/WR's imo

• Advertisement

ESPN's breakdown:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/1590/madden-13-top-rated-receivers-tight-ends
    10. Hakeem Nicks, New York Giants: 94 overall
    Nicks beats out Greg Jennings of the Green Bay Packers by one point to nab the No. 10 position, thanks to elite ratings in toughness, spectacular catch and catch in traffic. Hit stick or not, Nicks is holding on to that ball.

9. Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons: 94 overall
    Not only does “Rowdy” Roddy White sport one of the top stamina ratings in the game, once he has the ball, his ability to juke defenders will help earn plenty of yards after the catch for Atlanta.

8. Wes Welker, New England Patriots: 95 overall
    The highest-rated route runner in the game, Welker’s acceleration, catching, awareness, stamina, toughness and catch in traffic numbers are all 98-plus, giving Brady the best slot receiver in “Madden” (and real life).

7. Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers: 95 overall
    If you’re playing online this year, get ready to witness a lot of the connection between Cam Newton and Smith. Newton’s scrambling ability and strong arm make him a beast outside the pocket, while Smith’s speed, toughness and route-running ability make him one of the top outside targets in the game.

6. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints: 95 overall
    Graham has the jumping ability and spectacular catch rating to fight for any ball, and the speed to outrun any linebacker trying to cover him in the open field. Talk about a red-zone nightmare to defend.

5. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers: 95 overall
    Everyone talks about Davis’ pass-catching ability, but the dude is an absolute monster blocking for Frank Gore. Davis is one of the highest-rated impact blockers from the tight end position, as well as being Alex Smith’s most trusted target. Add Randy Moss to the mix this season (still 95 speed!), and you have “Madden” gold.

4. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans: 97 overall
    Whether he’s beating you deep, making the spectacular catch in traffic, or jumping back up after a vicious hit over the middle, Andre Johnson is the type of wide receiver who gives defensive coordinators nightmares.

3. Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals: 97 overall
    The problem with playing as Larry Fitzgerald isn’t Fitzgerald, but who’s throwing him the ball. A true “Madden” game breaker, as long as you can figure out the Arizona QB situation.

2. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots: 97 overall
    Gronk, Welker, Aaron Hernandez and Brandon Lloyd make up the most feared foursome of receivers in “Madden,” and could be the most unguardable unit in the game this year.

1. Calvin Johnson Jr., Detroit Lions: 99 overall
    Is the “Madden” Curse for real? Megatron is about to find out. But while Lions fans hold their collective breaths, they will have a blast throwing the ball deep to the best receiver in “Madden,” and it’s not even close. Speed, agility, jumping, catching, spectacular catch, catch in traffic, stamina, toughness, spin, juke, route running and release are all top notch, giving Detroit the most exciting reason to play “Madden” since Barry Sanders was first digitized.

Looks like TE's will be abused again this year if EA haven't made it harder to complete passes to them.

Yeah, TE's are not WR's it should be a pure WR list rather than including the the hybrid TE/WR's imo

to be fair theres a group of tight ends at the mo that catch more passes than wrs and run far far more than they block so there almost receivers at this stage

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

to be fair theres a group of tight ends at the mo that catch more passes than wrs and run far far more than they block so there almost receivers at this stage

Fully agree but they should be in the TE list!

Fully agree but they should be in the TE list!
    to be honest i agree with you i see where there coming from but i would have liked them having there own list

i also dont like how there not giving top 10 for all defensive positions separately

Full wide receiver and tight ends rating list released. It's far too bit to copy and paste but they're all available in a table format on the below link:

http://fansided.com/2012/08/17/madden-nfl-13-wide-receiver-ratings-released/

Any surprises, disappointments etc for you with these ratings?

• Advertisement

Finley at 86 is a surprise

Finley at 86 is a surprise

If I had a choice between the Packers or Patriots (basically if I was picking first in our draft :pac:) I'd definitely be going for the Patriots. Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and Lloyd all in the high 80's and 90's OVR with Tom Brady supplying the bullets.

Looks like the TE's will be getting a lot of love again in this version of Madden so they will be a very tough team to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Paully D wrote: »
    If I had a choice between the Packers or Patriots (basically if I was picking first in our draft :pac:) I'd definitely be going for the Patriots. Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and Lloyd all in the high 80's and 90's OVR with Tom Brady supplying the bullets.

Looks like the TE's will be getting a lot of love again in this version of Madden so they will be a very tough team to stop.

You should be advising people against picking them. The pats are my team :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Paully D wrote: »

Packers would be have the added advantage of Aaron Rodger's legs :D Good luck taking off with Tom Brady :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

SantryRed wrote: »
    Packers would be have the added advantage of Aaron Rodger's legs :D Good luck taking off with Tom Brady :p

and less time in the pocket with the potential weakened OL

empacher wrote: »

and tom bradys gona retire any year

That would be hilarious/devastating if he packed it in after our first season

That would be pretty funny I think he will after 2 though

That would be pretty funny I think he will after 2 though
    Not too funny for whoever is playing as them.

Not too funny for whoever is playing as them.

meh 2 years of tom brady could well be worth it i think vick will retire pretty quick in this or at the very least his speed will drop off fast id imagine hes gona be the biggest drop off from the qb position after year one

• Advertisement

Looks like the celebrities have their hands on the full game now. The rapper 'The Game' was tweeting pictures of him and his friends playing it earlier. EA tend to do that as loads of footballers had FIFA a couple of weeks before it released to us plebs :pac:

Top 10 defensive players:

Darrelle Revis – 99
    DeMarcus Ware – 99
    Patrick Willis – 98
    Jared Allen – 98
    Justin Smith – 98
    Julius Peppers – 97
    Haloti Ngata – 97
    Troy Polamalu – 97
    Ed Reed – 97
    Mario Williams – 97

Full list on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I wouldn't have Reed, Polamalu and Williams that high at all.

Here are the complete defensive ratings:

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/File/Def_Overall.xlsx

Here are the complete player ratings for everyone in the game:

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/File/MADDEN13_RATINGS_REVEAL_ALL.xlsx

Players that have the clutch gene in the game:

Quarterback
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Tom Brady
    Eli Manning
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Peyton Manning
    Tim Tebow

Running Back
    Maurice Jones-Drew