Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIB/SNMP for Netopia 2247

• 30-07-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to extract the CRC error rate from an Eircom Netopia 2247 via SNMP - what is the right MIB for this

Also does anyone have the full MIB for the Netopia 2247

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's part of the standard ADSL-LINE-MIB MIB, nothing vendor specific required.

It's .1.3.6.1.2.1.10.94.1.1.11.1.4.<ifNumber> (adslAturChanUncorrectBlks) where ifNumber is the relevant interface number. On my D-Link it's '2' but you will probably have to replace the '2' with whatever the ifNumber of your router's DSL interface is (look in the interface tables with a MIB browser to determine which it is.)

Note that this isn't actually the error rate as such, but a 32-bit counter of all errors since reset, so whatever you're using to display the value will have to calculate the error rate itself.

I've included a zipped version of the relevant MIB in case you can't find it online.

EDIT: I should add that there is actually another entry that gives you the 15 min error rate, but I'm assuming you want something a bit finer than that, If not just replace the '4' with '11' in the above OID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

Alun

thanks - still cannot fathom it out as my netopia 2247

if you display the status page of the router you get "CRC upstram xxx" and "CRC downstream xxxx" and this is ever incrementing since reboot - but I cannot find out which field this comes from or if it adds together a number of fields to achieve the results

the ,11 field does not exist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I suppose it's possible the Netopia doesn't support that MIB. I don't have one available to test with unfortunately.

You could try poking about with a MIB browser (such as the free one here http://www.ireasoning.com/) with that MIB loaded, and see what you can find.

FWIW the figures displayed by my router's status page don't tie in with the figures obtained by SNMP either, but they are a useful tool to see when I'm having problems with local RF interference which is why I started monitoring it in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

Alun

still confused - nowhere in the MIB can I pick out the CRC rate as displayed on the Routers stats page

I give up :mad:

Advertisement