Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Outfit for a funeral

• 30-07-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭

I have to go to a funeral in the UK and will be flying there and back in the one day. Not sure what to wear, I have a jacket similar to this which I normally wear with a straight black dress. I don't want to wear tights and heels all day and I don't want to go to the church bare legged. I want to look smart as I will be doing a reading at the service. I also want to be comfortable as it will be a long day. Any ideas please

medium1927f7332993e4616.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

How long is the dress? If it's knee length or below I think wearing clear tights would be fine. Alternatively, you could wear smart black trousers (like these) with, say, a black vest under the jacket? You could wear a flatter heel then under those trousers and still look smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Infallable

Fly over bare legged, bring tights and heels and put them on in the airport when you arrive, then change to flats later if you need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks Ladies,
    I'm going to wear the jacket with trousers, wear flats going and bring the heels for the church.

Advertisement