Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD/Blu Ray Recorder???

• 30-07-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Need some help please

Currently have sky+ but thinking of getting rid of Sky so need to find an alternative for recording programs, any ideas what I need or how much it will cost?

Is it possible to get something to copy the programmes from the sky box to a dvd/blu ray recorder or something similar?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

Yes,it is possible A Bluray recorder with HHD will record on to the harddrive and from the harddrive to a dvd.I have two.one with a Freesat tuner that will receive about two hundred Freesat channels including the HD channels,and the other one records the Saorview package available here in Ireland.As the Saorview package is rather limited I think the Freesat box is my better option. Panasonic make both but recently took the decision to cease production of the Freesat boxes. You can connect your Sly box to the recorder with a scart lead. Hope this is helpful.TMULL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

tmull wrote: »
    Yes,it is possible A Bluray recorder with HHD will record on to the harddrive and from the harddrive to a dvd.I have two.one with a Freesat tuner that will receive about two hundred Freesat channels including the HD channels,and the other one records the Saorview package available here in Ireland.As the Saorview package is rather limited I think the Freesat box is my better option. Panasonic make both but recently took the decision to cease production of the Freesat boxes. You can connect your Sly box to the recorder with a scart lead. Hope this is helpful.TMULL

Thanks for that, just had a look at the panasonic website and the cheapest blu ray recorder is £550, surely that cant be right?

just found this on adverts, know it is only a dvd recorder but with the prices of the blu ray recorders it might have to do, what do you think of it?

http://www.adverts.ie/dvd-player-blu-ray-and-vcr/toshiba-rd-xs24-hdd-multi-region-capable-dvd-recorder/1369767

Would any of the ones below in argos be capable of copying the programmes from the sky+ box to them?

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=DVD+RECORDER&authToken=

Most likely looking at the Toshiba DVD/VCR combi

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

Munster magic,There is only one Panasonic store in Ireland.Limerick in fact.Speak to them about your requirements.To answer your questions I am not familiar with the outputs from a Sly+ box but before packing in the Sly package for its poor value and content I often recorded from the Sly box to my Sony dvd recorder Just connect both machines with a decent scart lead.Be aware that some Bluray recorders and proberly dvd recorders have limited connectivity. Samsung have given in almost entirely to the pressure coming from the Americam entertainment industry and now have no inputs into most of their bluray recorders There are also recorders on the market that have dvd drives but only to play a dvd and not record one.These just record and playback from the harddrive. Alot of present dvd recorders today were not designed for the Irish market and wont receive tv signals after Oct.Just make sure you know what you want I own two Panasonic bluray recorders and believe it or not are cheaper here than in the Uk when exchange rate and postage is taken into account.You could make an expensive mistake if you rush into this. The Panasonic 720 bluray recorder though not Saorview approved decodes and recordes the Saorview package brilliantly.It also has twin tuners so you can record one channel and watch another. I have two Hd satellite receivers connected through its av inputs. Good luck with whatever you go for.TMULL

Advertisement