Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drive in movies

Options
  • 30-07-2012 10:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭

anyone been to the drive in movies in cork? what a set up, pure class well done to the owners, anyone know why this is not all over the uk and in other places in ireland, i think its a fantastic idea, maybe its expensive to set up?
    well done to them anyway:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

The bloody Irish weather !

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Its not overly expensive to set up, but the only thing holding it back hammertime has covered ^^

IT was looked into before on this very forum a long time ago .. bouncy castle rig - with a felt cloth in the front type job with a projector at the back and some subs.

Not a whole pile of money but winter time will let you down. Could be worth a punt coming into the summer for next year ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

Its not overly expensive to set up, but the only thing holding it back hammertime has covered ^^

IT was looked into before on this very forum a long time ago .. bouncy castle rig - with a felt cloth in the front type job with a projector at the back and some subs.

Not a whole pile of money but winter time will let you down. Could be worth a punt coming into the summer for next year ??

cheers for the productive feedback, hammertime??? it just interested me, a very novel idea and something completely different, i hope the one in cork goes well and i hear they are opening one in dublin too

Ya something like that could be easily done in say someplace like phoenix park or something similar with a small entry fee if those guys are doing it they may see profit in it somehow..

Perhaps the condiments sold close by could be the real moneyspinner .. Im unsure about the idea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

From their website video it looks like sound comes through a radio station on the car radio; is that right?
    Also 2 people in a car is €16!! That's dearer than some cinemas and it will kill your battery on a cold night. Rain has been mentioned but what about the sun? On a good evening we have light until after 9pm so the show couldn't start until 10 (presumably). That gives just one show per day.

• Advertisement

Ouch.. well the footie gets shown on the big screens in parks at the euros so this is probably solvable but the dead battery is not

Interesting topic !!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bgo1

Definetly something a lot of people will go too in right location, the cork one in carrigtwohill is only about 7 or 8 miles from the city centre out the motorway.

I dont think the car battery is a problem at all. Should easily go 2 hours and much more if in any way a half decent battery with just the radio speakers. Im sure they provide a jump start service as well! And can start the car for few minutes if worried.

Advertisement