Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Online Tournament (Xbox 360)

Options
  • 30-07-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

C67pWl.jpg

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Online Tournament (Xbox 360)

- Xbox 360 version
    - 45 seconds, 3/5 rounds, 5/9 games (Grand finals will be 10/19 if groups into double elimination is chosen)
    - Signups will close on the night of Wednesday the 8th of August, at the earliest (I'll be going away for about a week but I'm not sure exactly when I'll be coming back home, so there is some uncertainty over this date. Won't be any later than the 11th, though).
    - As you can see, I've included a poll asking if you prefer an all-play-all league format or the tried-and-trusted groups into double elimination format.
    - Want in? Just post in this thread with your XBL gamertag. Once the tournament gets underway, a good place to arrange matches will be the #irishfightinggames IRC channel (http://randomselect.ie/index.php/webchat/).

jI3mZ.png
    "Start signing up... NOOOOOW!!!"

1. Yreval

Which format? 4 votes

All play all
    0% 0 votes
    Groups into double elimination
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I will give it a go.

Gamer tag = Private Derp

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

I'm on the fence about buying this as Ive already got regular VF5 on the PS3, the only thing tempting me about FS is the ability to play it online, and the 2 new characters.

I didnt put much time into VF5 but I played VF4:Evo to death on the PS2, and I do have 2100 MS points sitting on my account, hhhmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

J0hnick wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about buying this as Ive already got regular VF5 on the PS3, the only thing tempting me about FS is the ability to play it online, and the 2 new characters.

I didnt put much time into VF5 but I played VF4:Evo to death on the PS2, and I do have 2100 MS points sitting on my account, hhhmm.
    Get VF5:FS.

The system changes make it feel quite different to VF5 vanilla (bigger leap than VF4 -> VF4:Evo), and a lot of "crap" moves are either gone or useful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'm up for some VF, just moved house but connection should still be decent (good netcode helps).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Sounds like good craic so I bought the 360 version :pac:

Gamertag: MelficeVKM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Current entry list:

1. Yreval
    2. Owwmykneecap
    3. Private Derp (Forest Demon)
    4. Scavenger XIII
    5. MelficeVKM

I'm keeping the signups open until midnight on Saturday night.

The deadline has passed, but I spoke to someone at Northern Clash yesterday who was interested in playing (Gram, I think) - if he could post here to confirm his interest I'd have no problem accommodating him.

With that being said, let the games begin! I should be on for some games tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Anyone play yet?

Want a game today?

Sorry for the inaction, I've been pretty busy these past few days and my internet hasn't been great either. I'm ready for some games right now though.

e: First match has finished.

Private Derp 5
    Yreval 2

• Advertisement

MelficeVKM 5
    Yreval 2

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Is this still on? :pac:
    If anyone wants to play our matches feel free to message me :)

I had pretty much quietly dropped this - but if people want to see this through to completion then that's what will happen.

Advertisement