Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Animal fat oil

• 30-07-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

In an abattoir the tallow from animals has oil, anyone know what happens to this ? it the oil squeezed out or is the lot dumped ?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

In an abattoir the tallow from animals has oil, anyone know what happens to this ? it the oil squeezed out or is the lot dumped ?:confused:

it sure aint dumped, but what happens it I'm not exactly sure. I know that the ABP Proteins side of the business in Ire and Uk deal with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

it sure aint dumped, but what happens it I'm not exactly sure. I know that the ABP Proteins side of the business in Ire and Uk deal with this.

I visited Premier Protein in Ballinasloe before and the oil generated there from burning the carcases Itself is very useful with a very high calorific value it runs the boilers used to incinerate and excess is sold off (exported I think) and final ash stuff is exported to Germany in sealed containers and I forget what that's used for ;-(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Agri contractor

Thanks for the replies. Is the oil squeezed from the fat before it leaves the factory ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Thanks for the replies. Is the oil squeezed from the fat before it leaves the factory ? :confused:
    The fat is rendered down and the higher quality dripping cooks most of the chip shop chips in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Agri contractor

The fat is rendered down and the higher quality dripping cooks most of the chip shop chips in the country

Thanks cooshannagh. I presume the oil from these factories is in demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Its a fairly valuable product ,it sets solid at room temperature and is in strong demand from recyclers

Advertisement