Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if I was to do some work.

Options
  • 30-07-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, I am currently a student in college, from time to time I get small jobs to repair computers for friends, I can repair,diagnose, clean, backup, restore, build, rebuild, replace computers as well as I can program in C++ and Java, PHP, html, css, javascript and mysql. Then I realized I have necessary skills and I could set up a website so people can see prices for my services, how to contact me, feedback, and build wanted PC on website then I order all parts, put it together, then deliver for extra cost or post.

So what procedures would I need to go through? Is it supposed to be registered as business? What kind of copyrights and disclaimers would I need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

arleitiss wrote: »
    Hey, I am currently a student in college, from time to time I get small jobs to repair computers for friends, I can repair,diagnose, clean, backup, restore, build, rebuild, replace computers as well as I can program in C++ and Java, PHP, html, css, javascript and mysql. Then I realized I have necessary skills and I could set up a website so people can see prices for my services, how to contact me, feedback, and build wanted PC on website then I order all parts, put it together, then deliver for extra cost or post.

So what procedures would I need to go through? Is it supposed to be registered as business? What kind of copyrights and disclaimers would I need?

You could work as a sole trader and pay taxes that way. Work is slow to come in and its usually all cash in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tatrman

arleitiss wrote: »

no copyrights or disclaimers. do it as sole trader and tax it. however if you want to have .ie domain you would have to register with CRO.

Advertisement