Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Target Archery Beginner in Waterford

• 30-07-2012 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry to add another beginner thread but I was just looking for a bit of help in the right direction. Im in Waterford and I've checked out archery.ie for a target club here. Ive tried it in a couple of adventure centres and I'd really like to learn properly.

Trouble is, theres a big gap around Waterford for a target club. Im not sure Id be into the field archery as much.

Can anyone tell me if there actually is a Waterford based club or one nearby that would take me under their wing!!?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Hey Trotter,

I'm interested in getting into archery myself in the winter and was just looking around the net on topics about it :) A mate of mine briefly took it up a few years back and asked me to head out with him but I didn't have the time to commit to it as it clashed with Junior League commitments. I possibly still don't have time so very much interested in what clubs are out there in Waterford and what days/times they meet. The one my mate went to was based out in Kill. I think this is it:
    http://bluearrowsfieldarcheryclub.ie/index.html

Sparse enough website and not sure if it's the type of club that you are looking for but said I would throw it up there anyway.

edit: Just thinking out loud here, if there was enough demand for it within Waterford, the Omnisports center that WIT run is always open to new sports once they can make a quick buck on it. Once they have the new building done I'm sure it could accommodate something indoors as well as outdoors on the astro pitch they have. Could be worth talking to Dom out there if nothing pops up here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Thanks for that! Yeah its the target as opposed to field archery that I'm after. Im hoping to spend some time with an established club because I wouldnt have the first clue what gear I'd need etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Na Laoch Dall archery club is based in Waterford city, in one of the massive units behind the Opel garage just off Butlerstown Roundabout. They are a Field Archery club, but the gaffer there used to be a Target Archer and is an international level coach. Thomas Colclough is his name. Send me a PM if you're interested getting contact details.

Advertisement