Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strong rawbolts

• 30-07-2012 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭

im putting up a heavy gate on a block pillar and was wondering are they strong heavy duty rawbolts available cos the ones i see in local hardware shop look weak and short, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lone ranger

fepper wrote: »
    im putting up a heavy gate on a block pillar and was wondering are they strong heavy duty rawbolts available cos the ones i see in local hardware shop look weak and short, thanks

Use stainless steel if outdoors , more than likely your merchant won't have them.

Try www.thefixingcompany.com or Etag fixings in Ashbourne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

cheers 4 that lone ranger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The fixing company will deffinitely have raw bolts to suit, but most builder providers should have these too.

The other option is to use the large concrete bolts. You don't have to drill as big a hole for these.

http://www.alliedboltinc.com/productimages/Concrete%20Bolt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Ask for Chemical anchors.
    Decent sized ones and they are there for ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

thnks lads, i'll enquire about these in town 2day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

bbam wrote: »
    Ask for Chemical anchors.
    Decent sized ones and they are there for ever.

never heard of these?
    do they have a reaction with the wall or something?
    any pics?
    thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

They were recommended to me by a friend who does steel fixing..
    Once set they are stronger than wralbolts and they have less of a stressing effect on a peer/pillar..
    for example if you are drilling and wralbolting into a 2ft peer the lateral stress exerted by the wralbolt tightening can actually crack and split the peer over time..
    http://www.hilti.ie/holie/page/module/product/prca_catnavigation.jsf?nodeId=-41761

Advertisement