Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Immaculate deception: 'I don't regret tricking my boyfriend into having kids'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

My thoughts? What are yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

I don't see anything wrong with this really,this thing is common place where i live anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Codology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hehe looks like the local womanizer is worried

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

What a silly cow. That could have totally gone the other way. Fair enough, the chap was apparently delighted when she did get pregnant, but what if he wasn't? A child deserves, as much as possible, two parents who love it, not one who will secretly resent it for the rest of its life.

Selfish wagon. Unfair to both the father and the child.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I don't see anything wrong with this really,this thing is common place where i live anyway.

Do you live on the set of the Jeremy Kyle show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

What a cûnt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Is there a TLDR version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Millicent wrote: »
    What a silly cow. That could have totally gone the other way. Fair enough, the chap was apparently delighted when she did get pregnant, but what if he wasn't? A child deserves, as much as possible, two parents who love it, not one who will secretly resent it for the rest of its life.

Selfish wagon. Unfair to both the father and the child.

I agree with all above. Asilly cow is right
    But tbh it s even more stupid to put it all over the internet. Poor kid when he googles himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

baltimore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

A human attempting to be deceptive isin't really shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

What an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Since the link is broken and I cannot view one can only imagine fornication is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

neil_hosey wrote: »
    baltimore?

Lol good one.

I live in small town Ireland,its like a hill billy town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

She looks like his Mother !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Financially it's a huge hit if David didn't want the child and she set the child support agency on him.

Or suppose it had been David that decided unilaterally to have the kid ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The majority of women silly enough to do this are generally left high and dry I'd assume.

As ever, the kids are the losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

So selfish.

There is actually this girl on Youtube who I watch that is twenty, has three kids by two Dads who she claimed she conceived by accident. People have found proof from baby websites she registered on that all the kids were planned behind the two fella's backs. Some people are so ****ed up in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

Sperm theft is all too common sadly. Why do so many men believe the 'it was an accident' excuse.. so stupid. A good post on the matter:

http://rockingmre.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/oops-im-pregnant-again.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

What a cûnt!
    As is her friend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Im a bit confused. Is this meant to be news or what?
    What is yahoo lifestyle? Is it the written version of JK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

What a selfish bítch. To knowingly use an unborn child as a crutch for a relationship is genuinely sickening and I try to steer clear of over reactions on here but...ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I find that article really disturbing. Nobody should be forced to have a child if they don't want one. That woman is an idiot and I'm surprised her partner stayed with her after she had been so deceptive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

This has 'popcorn thread' written all over it

Of course when women wants a baby from a man they just go out there and get it, then are allowed to sing from the rooftops about it...but if a man was to force a baby on a women its called rape! Typical one sided anti male rubbish
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I suppose its one back against the millions of "I deceived a girl by sleeping with her when I had no intention of being a father to the child" cases around the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Of course when women wants a baby from a man they just go out there and get it, then are allowed to sing from the rooftops about it...but if a man was to force a baby on a women its called rape! Typical one sided anti male rubbish
    :D

You are saying rapists are motivated by a wish to father children?

You are a clown sir (I presume sir).

Meh ugly bird, would never have let her take my goo from me.

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    You are saying rapists are motivated by a wish to father children?

You are a clown sir (I presume sir).

I wouldnt know, tell us more about what your motiviations were......
    learn how to take a joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Anyone else expecting a link from daily mail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This kind of stuff seems to happen so often it doesn't shock me a bit anymore.
    Simple solution, when the hell are we going to get a male contraception jab or pill so we don't have to trust someone else to do it?

To be honest, the part of the article which really annoyed me was her friend going along with it. Her friend is the cow who suggested tricking him in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well that could've ended really badly.

I don't think I would have appreciated being tricked into the father status, it's a life-changing step and the one who has the most to lose is the kid.............who was born out of selfish trickery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Unscientific anecdotal statistic:

When I was in secondary (early 90's) my friend's mother worked in a center for single mothers-to-be. She told us at least 40% of them told her they had secretly got pregnant on purpose to trap the boyfriend into marrying them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Meh. That is all. Straight out of one abusive relationship and slap bang into another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Well, I disagree with what happened.

But I am hoping that both these people will be on the next edition of Maury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Lol good one.

I live in small town Ireland,its like a hill billy town.

Yeah, Baltimore. That is a small hill billy town.

If a girl did this to me, I'd walk away laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Yeah, Baltimore. That is a small hill billy town.

If a girl did this to me, I'd walk away laughing.
    You wouldnt be laughing when you had to pay her tons of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

You wouldnt be laughing when you had to pay her tons of money

I heard that in Irish law, if you're 'accused' of being the father, you're required to make payments until such time as you can prove you're not the father. Is that true? A sort of guilty unless/until proven innocent, if so.

Anyway, strange story. No doubt, that'll be one of the most-read stories on that site...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Jesus, I could never do that to a guy.

Apart from the obvious moral issue, what if the plan backfired and you were left holding a baby you didn't even want for the right reasons??

What the hell is wrong with these women??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Its bad but at least she was going out with him years. Id think of her as an awful b if she was only with him a short time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

le la rat wrote: »
    I Id think of her as an awful b if she was only with him a short time

Nope, she's still awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Know two couples where this happened. One seatled down and are happy
    The other broke up the couple hate each other. She uses the child as a weapon and constantly goes on about money.
    Finding out woman do it was not so shocking. Assumed they were not that normal. Then I spoke to my mother and her view was there was nothing wrong with it!
    Then female friends and basically the strong views were it wasn't wrong.
    The only logic I could get was well if you getting on you can do what you like to have a kid. Men are taking too long to decide and a woman shouldn't have to wait.

My friends did admit their view changed once they were over 30.

When the bring out the male pill they should use this as a selling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

A man or a woman who doesn't want to parent a child must take the necessary precautions him/herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

who_me wrote: »
    I heard that in Irish law, if you're 'accused' of being the father, you're required to make payments until such time as you can prove you're not the father. Is that true? A sort of guilty unless/until proven innocent, if so

Surely that can't be true? Sure how would you go about proving your not the father? Taking the child to a doctor out of sight of the mother? Seems a bit ridiculous. Why doesn't the state step in there and just have mandatory, free (or a relatively small cost) DNA tests for people accused.

I'd say the article is probably bullsh*t to be honest, but if some girl did that to me it'd be relationship over, no questions asked. And I'd be demanding proof that I was the father before I'd hand over a cent. How could you trust someone who'd do something like that? Despicably selfish and irresponsible thing to do to the guy and more importantly an innocent child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chimpokomon

Many men still act the man-child in their 30s nowadays, with it never once crossing their minds that their partner doesn't have the same luxury of time that they do (if they're the same age). Not justifying it, but if a woman is in her 30s, and he is still giving her the 'someday' spiel, you can see how it might happen.

uriah wrote: »
    A man or a woman who doesn't want to parent a child must take the necessary precautions him/herself.
    Yes you should never be in a situation of trust !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Many men still act the man-child in their 30s nowadays, with it never once crossing their minds that their partner doesn't have the same luxury of time that they do (if they're the same age). Not justifying it, but if a woman is in her 30s, and he is still giving her the 'someday' spiel, you can see how it might happen.

If she's desperate enough to have kids she should find a new partner. One that's actually consenting to the child and hasn't been conned into it.

Yes immature men are really the cause as woman selfishly deciding on their own is the height of maturity.
    It is a brutal imposition of will. Just because it isn't vilolent it doesn't get the stigma. If a man was found to have interfered with a woman's contraception there would be a lot bigger outcry. It is a belittling of the role of father and emotions of men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Nope, she's still awful.
    Yea after thinking about it more in some ways its worse. After years together you would imagine that he could trust her to respect his feelings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Jesus:O In all honesty, this probably happens a lot.

So, what would happen if a guy was going out with a woman who had commitment issues from a rocky childhood, just came out of an abusive relationship and the guy want kids. So, naturally, he pretends (somehow) to have a vasectomy and tries to get her pregnant...without telling her. He'd be in a hell of an amount of trouble:O

Eh, did his reaction seem a bit made up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement