Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky movies

• 31-07-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Why ohh why did I sign up for this load of crap.
    I am stuck with them until December and I haven't watched a movie on Sky in possibly 4 months as they are always repeating the same old ones,cocktail,oceans 11 etc.
    The new movies each week are rubbish,with the chance to stream so many free movies online is there any point going for the movie package or do some people get value from it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Tell them you've lost your job and simply can't afford it anymore. It will work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Just buy yourself a external hard-drive/media player combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Your better off just buying a movie from the box office whenever you wish. Only a fiver so pretty good value.

Unless you are getting it for free i guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Melion wrote: »
    Tell them you've lost your job and simply can't afford it anymore. It will work
    Ya reckon that would work seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Just get rid of the movie package

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Sappa wrote: »

Yeah it does. A friend of mine did it and they offered her the package at a much much lower price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Just get rid of the movie package
    Can't I signed a deal for one year ending in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

If they ask for proof you could always quit your job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Can't I signed a deal for one year ending in December.

Are you sure your deal ties you in? I was getting the sports for half price when i signed up first but i could cancel whenever. You are tied into the basic subscription for a year is all as far as i know (the cheapest package), or at least that used be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I rang up to get them knocked off and they offered me a deal where I am getting the movies and Sports channels for cheap until November.
    Tbh Sky Movies have gone down in the past few months, the new movies they introduce tend to be straight to DVD releases, although The Help started showing Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

no op you can definetly downgrade your account. its the basic subscription that is a one year contract. i think you need to give one months notice for it to be cancelled on your bill.

i had the movie package when i first signed up and had no intention of keeping it beyond the free trial. i did however sky plus a load of movies thinking i would have a nice database of films there if i ever fancy watching something. however once you dont have the movie package you cannot watch them. i was a bit pissed off about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

I find Sky Movies pretty good. Set up a Sky Go account and have a browse I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I find Sky Movies pretty good. Set up a Sky Go account and have a browse I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe!

Do you need a Sky Plus box for that though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

We got it before, the movies are terrible. You'd expect new enough ones like, but no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Do not discuss or link to illegal downloads or streaming sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

I might be the only person I know who actually likes Sky Movies. Then again, I might be the only male I know who enjoys Ryan Reynolds films.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Diapason wrote: »
    I might be the only person I know who actually likes Sky Movies. Then again, I might be the only male I know who enjoys Ryan Reynolds films.

You're not alone there pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Generally, the list of movies they show are terrible. Constant repeats.
    And it's not much better on line either. If you go to Netflix, you'll get a poor list of movies as well.

You'll never see any of the greats like Star Wars.
    All second rate movies that cost about a Euro to buy.

Sky, Netflix and other similar service providers cannot get it through to their heads that they need to supply every movie any time if they are to compete; almost like iTunes. They compete for rights on individual films which mean that you can be waiting years for a films to available while others are out almost immediately.
    The quality is far superior on Sky and Netfilx, especially if you watch on line on your TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sky movies are crap for two reasons, they never start when they're supposed to start, and even the closing credits get interrupted by some bint telling you about some other feckin film. You can record them, but not without the added sh1t.

Advertisement