Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling walls/Handball alleys in Carlow

Options
  • 31-07-2012 12:27am

Hi was wondering if there is any hurling walls or hand ball alleys that are open to the public within the vicinity of Carlow town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mrwhimwham

I know Tinryland GFC has a lovely 40x20 alley and it's just outside Carlow town. No more than 2 mins drive. Wouldn't imagine a hurling wall out there as it is a football club.

mrwhimwham wrote: »
    I know Tinryland GFC has a lovely 40x20 alley and it's just outside Carlow town. No more than 2 mins drive. Wouldn't imagine a hurling wall out there as it is a football club.

Cool. Good stuff. Would Tinryland be particular on whether a sliothar is allowed to be pucked against it or not? Would i have to get permission to use it or is there public access to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mrwhimwham

Cool. Good stuff. Would Tinryland be particular on whether a sliothar is allowed to be pucked against it or not? Would i have to get permission to use it or is there public access to it?

I could nearly tell you for definite that you won't be allowed to hurl in there, nor would you in most handball alleys around Leinster. But there is the Carlow Town Hurling club that might be able to sort you out with a hurling wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

There is a hurling wall up in the pitch at the blues field beside dr cullen

iano.p wrote: »
    There is a hurling wall up in the pitch at the blues field beside dr cullen

Thanks. Im assuming Carlow Town considering O'Hanrahans are a GFC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Its in the bottom field the county use the pitch for hurling and football. The blues use the top one only.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

There's an outdoor alley at St. Patrick's college, could be allowed to puck around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

There's an outdoor alley at St. Patrick's college, could be allowed to puck around there.

Where is this? I thought the two that were there went when Visual went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Morf wrote: »

Correct, and before that, the college used to dump a few loads of sand to stop people playing rackets or handball in there. I don't think they've been open to use for maybe 15 years or so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Morf wrote: »
    Oops, sorry, didn't know. Apologies OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement