Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning wet from today with a small risk of some flooding/strong winds

Options
  • 31-07-2012 1:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Hi all, a very unsettled look to the week ahead with sometimes heavy outbreaks of rain sweeping in from the southwest today. A deepening area of low pressure looks set to anchor itself just to the west and then move in over the country in the second half of the week so always showery or longer spells of rain and with the low pressure deepening and the pressure gradient tightening the wind will be increasingly notable as the week goes on with gales likely at times in exposed places. Active fronts will get thrown up over the country from time to time and with relative warmth and humidity this time of year some of the showers could be exceptionally heavy and thundery giving large rainfall totals in a short space of time - that risk more toward the end of the week. Very mild, occasionally warm throughout the week.

In terms of possible flooding for the first part of the week the south and southeast seem most at risk from tonight. All in all very autumnal type weather for the time of year. Enjoy!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

:(

I'll be back when we've a chance of snow. /sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

What will tomorrow be like?

I have a Driving test in Naas in the afternoon.

Worried as hell at the moment.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Lucreto wrote: »
    What will tomorrow be like?

I have a Driving test in Naas in the afternoon.

Worried as hell at the moment.:(

This is from M.E.

Tomorrow
    A wet start for many areas on Wednesday but a clearance to showers, some heavy, will extend eastwards by afternoon. In the evening, the showers will become isolated and some late sunshine is likely. Fresh to strong, southerly winds will veer southwest to west and moderate later. Highest temperatures 16 to 19 degrees Celsius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

There was already a thread on this week here. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lads I don't know about anywhere else in the country but there's a full on storm in Cork City at the mo - really strong winds and heavy rain - ah yes, Autumn has arrived, or are we still in Summer?? I can never tell anymore, it all just rolls into one :-P

• Advertisement

Im starting to hear a few howls of wind now

Advertisement