Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM radio on Xperia S

Options
  • 31-07-2012 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hello

Quality of FM radio on my Xperia S is terrible – sound distorted, hissing etc even on strong signal stations like 104.4, 106. I’m not fussy about sound quality but FM radio on Xperia S is impossible to listen.

In the same location my old SE Vivaz FM radio gives great quality, clear sound on the same stations.

I’m using headphones supplied with Xperia S, headphones are ok when listening MP3 music on Xperia S. Cord is extended to maximum to improve reception.

Is FM radio on 2.5 years old Vivaz superior to Xperia S? How Xperia S FM radio can be improved?
    I’m talking about normal over-the-air FM radio, not interested in internet radio. Xperia S has ICS.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kozak

Would Xperia S owners try FM radio and let me know sound quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

Only, just saw this thread. My radio was working perfectly and then one day I was listening to it on the bus and the sound went as you describe. I just powered off the phone and restarted the radio and it worked fine, I think I retuned the stations on it again also.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭blues2

shoxter wrote: »
    Only, just saw this thread. My radio was working perfectly and then one day I was listening to it on the bus and the sound went as you describe. I just powered off the phone and restarted the radio and it worked fine, I think I retuned the stations on it again also.
    Same thing happens to me since I updated the software. Apparently it's a bug that will be fixed in next update. Only solution is to restart the phone but it can reoccur

Advertisement