Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last day of summer

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Bambi wrote: »
    how it actually works

November December, January, February- winter
    march, april, may, june -spring
    july, august -springier spring
    september, october - autumn

No, June is most definitely aummer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Get it right folks!!

January, Febuary, March - Winter
    April, May, June - Winter
    July, August, September - Winter
    October, November, December - Winter :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Overcast and wet, quite apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

There are 2 seasons in this country, mild wet and cold wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Last autumn was gorgeous - certainly compared to the summer, which was nearly as much of a fail as this one. Actually now that I think about it, the autumns of the last few years have all been nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This is something that really angers me.

Summer is June, July + August.

I was taught the other months too but always answered any question in school the other way, even if i got an x.

I was right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

This is something that really angers me.

I was right!

And me! It sounds petty, but it drives me mad that the teach the most basic things like seasons completely arseways! More Irish catholic school principals! Its basic science and fact. How are they allowed to teach something completely false!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Happy Autumn!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

I have to say for my people living in Ireland, Jesus, its depressing, talking to my family every weekend, its the same old brutal weather, rain, wind, cold, the odd good day. I'm spoiled living in Florida, 11 months of the year warm weather, beach at Christmas, beautiful Spring and Autumns.

Now saying that, this time of year, end of July and the beginning of August, the heat is suppressive. I leave work at 6am every morning, 30 degrees Celsius as the crack of dawn. Come mid-day, its in the 40's not including the humidity which makes it feel hotter. You get used to it but it can take its toll on you. When November comes and the temps drop its beautiful.

Overall, I could not go back to living in an Irish Climate, it would kill me. 9 out of 10 mornings, the sun is shining, it makes it a hell of a lot easier to get out of bed and get your day going than Irish weather would do for you.

I remember the Monday mornings back home, cold, windy, rainy damp and miserable, jumping on a bus to work, people were just miserable getting to their jobs, its wonderful getting up every morning, to the sun shining, it defiantly helps your mood and mindset in getting your day going and helps your outlook on life.

Not bragging folks, just a fact of life on different sides of the Atlantic, I'm very grateful for where I live and where i ended up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Ye I agree with you, the weather here makes life that much harder and gloomier especially now with the high unemployment.

I recently came back from a week long trip to Barcelona and I have to say for a country that has higher unemployment rates amongst young people than here , they sure are happy!.

I also put it down to the weather, it does brighten people up an awful lot. Fair play to you over in Florida buddy , how did you manage that and what do you do ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

UPDATE: There will be a heatwave from the day of 15th August through to 30th August 2012, then it's back to heavy rain and windy weather. ;)

Advertisement