Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV Australia...processing taking longer than expected!

Options
  • 31-07-2012 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Howdy!

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing same as me... I've applied for 1st WHV nearly two weeks ago and I haven't received it yet, they contacted me last week asking for me to scan my passport identity page and send it to them via email, that was 5 days ago and I haven't heard anything back from them at all. I know I'm probably worrying over absolutely nothing, but I've read here loads of times that it only takes a day or two to get?

Also I've NO criminal records and all my information is correct, maybe this is a busy time of year for them or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Did you book the visa direct through the immigration website or some visa company?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 murmurrrr

ehhh you won't believe this I just checked my email, got my visa accepted there a minute ago haha...freakyyyy :eek:

Thanks for reply, I applied directly through the immigration site :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Wow that's mad. I filled in the form at about 2pm on a Friday Irish time and got the acceptance email at about 9pm the same day! I went directly to the Oz website and didn't use any middle men though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Diamond Dust

Do you normally get a confirmation email to say they received the application? Applied yesterday and I got nothing

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I just checked and I didn't get a confirmation email about my application. The only email I got was the visa itself (Visa Grant Notification).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ben10afc

i applied from immi.gov.au and the literally emailed my visa 10 mins later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Is there a delay with waiting for the second year visa to to be granted? I applied for mine yesterday, i havent heard anything yet.

I applied in Australia too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 murmurrrr

STIG83 wrote: »
    Is there a delay with waiting for the second year visa to to be granted? I applied for mine yesterday, i havent heard anything yet.

I think it takes up to 6 weeks for the second year visa to be granted, so much longer waiting times than the first year one. I'm sure I read that somewhere anyway!

murmurrrr wrote: »

I think it takes up to 6 weeks for the second year visa to be granted, so much longer waiting times than the first year one. I'm sure I read that somewhere anyway!

6 weeks? You serious?! My first year visa is up the start of September!!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

If you have applied for your 2nd Year Visa, you will automatically be put on a Bridging Visa when your current visa expries, until a decision is made on your 2nd Year. If granted, I believe your 2nd Year Visa is then backdated to when your 1st Year Visa expired.

• Advertisement

s.c wrote: »

If you have applied for your 2nd Year Visa, you will automatically be put on a Bridging Visa when your current visa expries, until a decision is made on your 2nd Year. If granted, I believe your 2nd Year Visa is then backdated to when your 1st Year Visa expired.

Can I still work on that bridging visa til the 2nd year visa comes through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Bridging visa has the same regulations has the working holiday. Watch out for the 6 months with any one employer rule.
    AFIK it does not roll over from one WHV to the 2nd year WHV, so if you have done 6 months, you may/may not be permitted to stay with your employer while on the bridging visa, but once your 2nd year kicks in you can effectively start your 6 months again.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

I decided to ask this Q here instead of making an all new thread! Hope someone may be able to help me as I cant find an answer online!

My friend and I (both 18) plan on going backpacking/working holiday in Oz for a year in December, meeting up with some other people we know also. Our main question is if he will be granted a visa if he's on anti-depressants?

Thanks if you can help out, even just a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I decided to ask this Q here instead of making an all new thread! Hope someone may be able to help me as I cant find an answer online!

My friend and I (both 18) plan on going backpacking/working holiday in Oz for a year in December, meeting up with some other people we know also. Our main question is if he will be granted a visa if he's on anti-depressants?

Thanks if you can help out, even just a little!

Of course he will.

Advertisement