Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY House Alarm Recommendations

Options
  • 31-07-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

My house has been wired for an alarm for a while now but I've never gotten around to getting one installed.
    I'm now thinking I might just give it a go myself and am looking for recommendations.

House has 3 exit doors (am thinking of keypads at two of these)
    3 windows at the front, 2 at the back & 3 at the side (one of these isn't wired but it's a small window up the gable wall so not sure it's needed.)
    It also has 5 Velux downstairs & 3 more in an attic conversion (not wired - but should they even be covered?)

House has good wireless network and I'd be interested in some kind of remote access to turn on / off alarm. Maybe even an internet CCTV option? Maybe an option to email / text me when alarm goes off?

A panic button would be a good addition.
    I've heard of remote keys ring things too that might be an option (like a car remote locking thing).

Anyway - it's only the early planning stages so looking for suggestions & likely costs.

Particularly interested in the gadgety options. :)

Thanks.

Edit: all the alarm cables run back to an understairs press but aren't labelled :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

If you want Internet access the the Siemens SPC range is worth looking at . HKC are releasing a new panel in sept with the option of Internet access if you'd be willing to wait :-) there panel can also take both wired and wirefree sensors So you can cover your velux windows :) I have the system on my own house and I find it great and easy to use / program .

Advertisement