Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accident on Wicklow gap ,sunday......

• 31-07-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Any update on the two guys involved......looked nasty, coach involved...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Allegedly....one rider pulled out to overtake a coach and went head on into another bike..doesnt bear thinkin about....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Sids Not wrote: »
    Allegedly....one rider pulled out to overtake a coach and went head on into another bike..doesnt bear thinkin about....:(

FFS. Poor hoor. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

I have noticed there are points in Irish roads that buses/coaches travel on that in a certain situation, they won't be able to avoid a crash.

The turn is so tight that the bus/coach/whatever has to break the white line of the road.

Combine that with modern jeeps/wide cars and I have seen some close calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nah the gap is a total nightmare every week end....if the police were to camp that place for one weekend alone they would not have the space in the jails for the **** that goes on up there bike wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

jesus the poor feckers hope there both alright , but just goes to show ya this aint a racetrack lads no marshalls or flags on these roads ....Bank holiday weekend boys BE CAREFUL ...

• Advertisement

Considerin the amount of bikes and other traffic, theres not been too many bad accidents....its usually newbies tryin too hard too soon....fabulous road ,a very enjoyable spin...its annoying (read dangerous) that the fast guys sometimes dont consider it might be some riders first visit and overtake at stupid places and dont leave enough room ....bit like mondello then..:p

Love it.....:)

AFAIK..both riders are ok.....one (brit guy) had bad leg injuries....

During the week Tuesday - Thursday is a great day to go up and have a spin......not a power ranger in sight.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    During the week Tuesday - Thursday is a great day to go up and have a spin......not a power ranger in sight.

I'm assuming you mean the Full leather-sportsbike brigade...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

nothing wrong with having leathers, mine is a two piece, am i a power ranger??:D

nothing wrong with having leathers, mine is a two piece, am i a power ranger??:D

I waer full leathers aswell but not race rep or anything with sponsors plastered allover it basic black does me fine ...Go go purple headed power ranger lmao :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

war_child wrote: »
    I waer full leathers aswell but not race rep or anything with sponsors plastered allover it basic black does me fine ...Go go purple headed power ranger lmao :D

lol:D Only thing on mine is the make Takano, no sponsors as im way too slow haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Power rangers...haha! Brillant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

you must a chromosexual then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

you must a chromosexual then?

LMFAO :D

I mean the guys with the €1000 dainese or alpinestars leathers with the price tags still on and litre bikes that are cleaner now then when they bought them new....instead of chicken strips they have qtr pounders and the only thing that gets well worked on a trip over the gap is the brake light!

We all know them, I am just saying what everyone else is thinking :eek:

I mean the guys with the €1000 dainese or alpinestars leathers with the price tags still on and litre bikes that are cleaner now then when they bought them new....instead of chicken strips they have qtr pounders and the only thing that gets well worked on a trip over the gap is the brake light!

We all know them, I am just saying what everyone else is thinking :eek:

mmmm......or the 25K Harley riders in the 2k leathers, the BM riders in the BM gear....or the "real" bikers in the black leathers on bandits and street fighters.....

not sure if your bikerist or just jealous......:p

....off now to throw on my Spidi suit on and check my rear light is working....;)

mmmm......or the 25K Harley riders in the 2k leathers, the BM riders in the BM gear....or the "real" bikers in the black leathers on bandits and street fighters.....

....off now to throw on my Spidi suit on and check my rear light is working....;)

Oh a Spidi suit , id like one of them , can ya climb a wall and fight volvo drivers in that lol ......:D

war_child wrote: »
    , can ya climb a wall and fight volvo drivers in that lol ......:D

:D:D......absolutely, ....why only yesterday i saved a cat from a burning caravan and helped an old lady across a busy road..............:p

Can i ask the mods to lock this thread now....the riders are good so theres no more to say on the subject..;)

Well you will know what I am on about, when you up there and one coming in the opposite direction nearly wipes you out...dont matter what bike he is on. Nearly happend to me twice....when I was up there with a small group of lads. The 2nd time one of them crashed and the others did not even stop or come back for him!!! Have it all on my helmet cam too....

Well you will know what I am on about, when you up there and one coming in the opposite direction nearly wipes you out...dont matter what bike he is on. Nearly happend to me twice....when I was up there with a small group of lads. The 2nd time one of them crashed and the others did not even stop or come back for him!!! Have it all on my helmet cam too....

Stick it up so!

• Advertisement

SUPERMOD TO THE RESCUE!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

SUPERMOD TO THE RESCUE!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

?

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Stick it up so!

+1...need a good laugh........................unless you've sometin to hide......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

A lot of crap going on in this thread.

CLOSED.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement