Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop worker stabbed as he waited 25 mins for Gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

IrishAm wrote: »
    If we had the right to bear arms this sort of sh*t would cease.

It woudl increase, you really are clueless.

If we had the right to bear arms this sort of sh*t would cease.

What like Cease-Fire?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

At the same time his student visa was about to run out. Remarkable!
    your a classy guy, youd fairly kiss his ar$e if he saved you from a situation like being mugged or something. very snide crappy comment.
    Our own people can fairly shame us sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

your a classy guy, youd fairly kiss his ar$e if he saved you from a situation like being mugged or something. very snide crappy comment.
    Our own people can fairly shame us sometimes

I doubt very much some junkball would put it up to me. But if he did, Id welcome him to take his pick of the shops offerings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Kess73 wrote: »
    Even if your "claim" is true, who gives a toss. I still bet the shop guy has been a better citizen and contributed more by way of taxes, not being a scumbag etc than the waste of skin criminal who thought it fine to rob a shop and carry a syringe as a weapon.

True. But he is not a citizen of Ireland. And I made my claim purely from looking at the stats.

I'd bet my claim is right, too.
    Who cares if he is not a citizen of Ireland,he is the spouse of an EU national giving him stamp 4 EU family residence here making him a resident of Ireland also a tax payer and by all accounts an all around decent fella who is trying to provide for his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Carazy wrote: »
    25 minutes isn't that long for the Gardai and to be honest if I was stabbed I'd rather have an ambulance come before the Gardai, non-story.

Actually , if you read the ' non ' story , this poor chap was basically sitting on the would be raider for that time holding him captive. He escaped a couple of mins before the Gardai arrived after he had stabbed the poor man.

feeney92 wrote: »
    Ah the oul "It wont happen to me" attitude.....Well I hope the only people around you at the time are foreign people who dont even consider helping you....that'll learn ya!!

Cool. It wouldn't. Junkballs only attack those they perceive to be weak. They are cowards and like bullies in that regard.

I doubt very much some junkball would put it up to me. But if he did, Id welcome him to take his pick of the shops offerings.

They don't often rob propaganda shops that are distributing leaflets, so i'd say you and yer tatooed mates are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

True. But he is not a citizen of Ireland. And I made my claim purely from looking at the stats.

So that makes it OK for him to be stabbed by an Irish scumbag?

You've made a couple of specific claims about someone whose name is in the public domain and have absolutely no evidence to back it up.

• Advertisement

Gyalist wrote: »
    So that makes it OK for him to be stabbed by an Irish scumbag?

You've made a couple of specific claims about someone whose name is in the public domain and have absolutely no evidence to back it up.

Cool. My name is Jay McCann and I am from Tallaght. He can contact me if he wants to sue me for slander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Goro

After more than 10 years he is of course a citizen of Ireland.

The Spouse of an Irish citizen is entitled to a passport after 3 years living here. Spouse of an EU citizen after 5 years living here must have good record and must have contributed.

Any other legitimate people can get a passport after 5 years if they have worked and proven themselves not to be a burden on the state.

Get your facts right.

Goro wrote: »
    After 10 years he is of course a citizen of Ireland.

The Spouse of an Irish citizen is entitled to a passport after 3 years living here. Spouse of an EU citizen after 5 years living here must have good record and must have contributed.

Any other legitimate people can get a passport after 5 years if they have worked and proven themselves not to be a burden on the state.

Get your facts right.

Time spent as a student is not considered. He is not a citizen. Otherwise it would have been mentioned.

Time spent as a student is not considered. He is not a citizen. Otherwise it would have been mentioned.

Your suggesting he has been a student for over 10 years?

It's 9000 euro a year for Non-Eu student fee's.

So he has spent 90k plus studying and works in a spar?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

And how has his citizenship details got anything to do with what happened? Shame on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mhigh86

I work in a off licence, and on a friday night we had a very drunk guy pick up bottle of vodka, told him he wasn't getting served he tried to run with it, we stoped him and he got voilent and had to hold him in the shop for 35min, we held him in shop because he broke the vodka and a few other things and didn't wont him to get away with it. we had to ring 5 times to the station, on ringing the 3 time, the garda said he hadent been informed about this as he just came on work. some joke..

Your suggesting he has been a student for over 10 years?

It's 9000 euro a year for Non-Eu student fee's.

So he has spent 90k plus studying and works in a spar?

You are the one claiming he is Irish. Not me. I don't know what his fees are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

You have no idea what you are talking about. First you said he's a student and his visa is about to expire; that was wrong, because someone else pointed out that he's been married here for 7 years.

You have absolutely no way of knowing whether or not he holds an Irish passport. After 7 years, he may well be a citizen; he would be perfectly entitled to citizenship if he applied for it, but perhaps he prefers not to. He already has full right to reside and work here without a visa.

Some bizarre interventions you've been making on this thread.

mhigh86 wrote: »
    I work in a off licence, and on a friday night we had a very drunk guy pick up bottle of vodka, told him he wasn't getting served he tried to run with it, we stoped him and he got voilent and had to hold him in the shop for 35min, we held him in shop because he broke the vodka and a few other things and didn't wont him to get away with it. we had to ring 5 times to the station, on ringing the 3 time, the garda said he hadent been informed about this as he just came on work. some joke..

**** sake.
    And you risk your life for 35 mins, that's mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

How on Earth is any of your BS relevant to this thread?

The shop worker is more of a citizen of this state than his syringe-wielding assailant will ever be.

You are the one claiming he is Irish. Not me. I don't know what his fees are.

I never said he was Irish, I said he could be an Irish citizen.

There is a difference between race and nationality.

RVP 11 wrote: »
    They don't often rob propaganda shops that are distributing leaflets, so i'd say you and yer tatooed mates are ok.

What are you smoking?

I have nationalist beliefs, ergo, I am a shaven head dude with a load of tatts.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

fcuking wow... i actually feared this would be become a garda bashing thread but some how we're on about immigration... ffs :confused:

later12 wrote: »
    You have no idea what you are talking about. First you said he's a student and his visa is about to expire; that was wrong, because someone else pointed out that he's been married here for 7 years.

I said it was remarkable that he got married in 2005 as his student visa(most courses take three years) was about to expire. To a Latvian. When it is common knowledge that Pakistani males marry Latvian women(for cash) to avail of EU treaty rights.

Can you not comprehend your beloved Queens English?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

After 10 years he is of course a citizen of Ireland.

Get your facts right.

Time spent as a student is not considered. He is not a citizen. Otherwise it would have been
    People like yourself are an embarrassment to the rest of Ireland who support integration and the freedom to let people who come here legally live in peace.
    This guy has more integrity than you will ever have.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mhigh86

RVP 11 wrote: »
    **** sake.
    And you risk your life for 35 mins, that's mental.

It's a family business wouldn't give a fcuk otherwise, alot of stock gets stolen over the year.

I never said he was Irish, I said he could be an Irish citizen.

There is a difference between race and nationality.

You can't educate a shinner about race and nationality, or respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ah garda response times

Was a hotel night porter and management in their cost cutting wisdom would leave me alone in charge of 180 residents

And spending most nights trying to watch the door to keep the boyos who parked their caravans in the car park out. Usual issue, pay us to move on but the management said no way

One night they got in and smashed up the lobby, me weighing 10 stone nothing could not do much about it.

My squad car was over 30km away. I don't blame the gardai, I blame their top brass who leave one car to cover a midlands town and all the surrounding area.

And yeah, managemnet blamed me the next morning for letting it happen. :rolleyes: They never left me on my own again though

Court house was being renovated and the District court was being held in the hotel, I saw the boyos a few weeks later! Little runts

Why are we talking about immigration instead of badly paid staff struggling with crime? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Why are we talking about immigration instead of badly paid staff struggling with crime? :confused:

the wonder that is After Hours i guess...

Advertisement