Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kies on Windows 7 64 bit for S3?

• 31-07-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am new convert from Iphone to a S3, but just starting to install Kies software and getting constant errors during the install e.g. "RASWraper.dll COM Registration error" amongst other registration errors.

I have googled the death out of this to no avail, I would have thought there would be lots of users in my position. I am using windows 7 64 bit. There seems to be some issues but no resolutions....

Anyone else here that has had this problem?

Thanks in Advance
    Redman

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

redman wrote: »
    Hi

I am new convert from Iphone to a S3, but just starting to install Kies software and getting constant errors during the install e.g. "RASWraper.dll COM Registration error" amongst other registration errors.

I have googled the death out of this to no avail, I would have thought there would be lots of users in my position. I am using windows 7 64 bit. There seems to be some issues but no resolutions....

Anyone else here that has had this problem?

Thanks in Advance
    Redman

I installed it before on my Win 7 64 bit machine with a few issues (different to yours) though uninstalled it soon after as I found it be a buggy system hog. Also found I had no use for it as I just copy media directly to the device and for updates I can just do that OTA (I have a SGII).

For the software just download the lastest version of it from http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ (you'll see link about halfway down).
    Also make sure you have latest version of Java on your machine (Kies uses this).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

I have it on my Win 7 x64 Ultimate and have had zero problems. Works perfectly. When I quit the application, all resources are handed back (no memory drain).

The pc it is installed on is a very high spec professional machine that I use for work, so no games, toolbars or other non essental software installed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Don't even bother with Kies, its actually worse than iTunes (which is some achievement!), you can get the Samsung drivers here so just add your music/media etc manually using mass storage mode on the phone. If you like the idea of syncing give MediaMonkey a go. To get photos off the phone simply plug the phone in in mass storage mode and the photos will appear in the DCIM folder, you could use something like Picasa to import them if you like.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I've used Kies to backup my messages, contacts, etc etc (basically everything on the phone tbh), is there another piece of software that does this?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

danthefan wrote: »
    I've used Kies to backup my messages, contacts, etc etc (basically everything on the phone tbh), is there another piece of software that does this?

Gmail for contacts (sync them), and SMS Backup+ for msgs and call log

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Thanks for all replys.

Pc is a high end pc used primarily for video editing/production, along with audio snd photo apps. Ssds, 16gb ram, 1mth old os clean install.... so gods knows where the clash is.

Anyhow doing straight audio and pic transfers and now using companionlink for outlook syncs which is looking good so far. (Wanted to avoid gmail/online backup) Hated itunes so will avoid kies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

yoyo wrote: »
    Gmail for contacts (sync them), and SMS Backup+ for msgs and call log

Nick

Thanks will try the sms backup

Advertisement