Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chill.ie for phone insurance. Anyone with experience?

Options
  • 31-07-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

How do,
    I recently got my Samsung galaxy S2 back from been repaired. I now know how fragile they can be so for piece of mind decided to get insurance. Gadgetinsurance.ie are €79 for 5 gadgets, can't seem to find an option for just 1 and don't think it covers a lot of stuff (water damage, etc.). From what I heard, you'll be doing well to find someone who'll cover everything.

Went onto chill.ie there and there automatic quote said they'd insure my SG2 for €6 a month (€64/year) and it covers pretty much everything (water, accidental damage, theft, loss, excess costs, etc.). Is this too good to be true? I've only had bad experiences with insurance companies (my car) so naturally hesitant. Can anyone who's dealt with them maybe give me an independent insight into them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rou

Hi,

I have my iPhone insured with Chill insurance and genuinely it does cover everything they say. I smashed the screen on my phone and had to get it fixed. My network provider gave me no help what so ever and kept telling me i had to get a new phone which would cost me a fortune! I since decided to get my phone insuraned and opted for Chill. Have to say, its all covered and the excess is only €50 or so! I did think about putting it on my house insurance but was advised against that as phones break so easily, if you make a claim it affects your premium and no claims bonus.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Yeah, ended up going with them. Found out they use Zurich Insurance who I had an absolute nightmare experience with before so swore I'd steer clear but their T&C's seem kind of concrete, covers everything that could possibly happen as far as I could see. Thought it was strange that they'd insure me online without even seeing the phone but when I rang them they said it was standard practice. Full service for €6/month can't be bad to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

I went with these guys and the old addage you get what you pay for rings true.

I dropped my Samsung S3 and needed screen replaced. I was told when I rang them that it would take 3 to 5 working days to repair the phone. I sent it to them on the Tuesday, they had it on the Wednesday and 8 days layer (Thursday following week) i still dont have it back.

The phone is now repaired and sitting in their office waiting for a courier. Apparently that is going to take an overnight courier to get it to me tomorrow. Im in Baggot Street, they are in Dun Laoghaire.:mad:

Im now being told "oh it was never 3-5 workign days, its 5-7 working days". Wouldnt mind but its a work phone and I need it back badly.

Stay clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gerrygeraldo

just got off the blower with them c---s dropped my phone down the loo they refuse to honour the contract because i have no receipt for my phone what a bunch of thieves my advise read the T&C carefully they are quick to take your dosh and even quicker to tell you the T&C

Advertisement