Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Customer Care

Options
  • 31-07-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Just called Customer Care emobile and spoke to a representative in Cork (have his name if needed). On my current bill, which I check online, it shows a text message to a British number sent last Sunday evening. I did not send this text as I know nobody at that number, and also there is nobody in Northern Ireland, England, Scotland or Wales that I would be texting. The charge for this is only 16cent which I am not worried about. My worry is if somebody else is using my number some way or other. When I expressed this to this unhelpful rep he just did not want to know and kept repeating himself that once it shows on my bill, it means the text was sent from my phone. In the end he terminated my call. I am 110% sure on this and have also double checked my sent messages for that date and this number or time is not showing. Can you please explain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 i know u know

emobile are a joke was with them for 2 months, so unhelpful do not care about their customers, went back to vodafone, would not go back to emnoile if they paid me to.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

operam wrote: »
    Just called Customer Care emobile and spoke to a representative in Cork (have his name if needed). On my current bill, which I check online, it shows a text message to a British number sent last Sunday evening. I did not send this text as I know nobody at that number, and also there is nobody in Northern Ireland, England, Scotland or Wales that I would be texting. The charge for this is only 16cent which I am not worried about. My worry is if somebody else is using my number some way or other. When I expressed this to this unhelpful rep he just did not want to know and kept repeating himself that once it shows on my bill, it means the text was sent from my phone. In the end he terminated my call. I am 110% sure on this and have also double checked my sent messages for that date and this number or time is not showing. Can you please explain.

Hi operam,

If you PM your mobile number pin and the number you were charged for and I will investigate this for you. Could you advise what phone you have?

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

You don't have an iPhone by any chance? Was the number +447786205094?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 operam

BearNecessities

You were spot on. I do have an iphone and that is the number showing in my account. Have you any idea where it came from? Pity emobile Customer Care were not as helpful as you are.
    Thanks - Operam

Tony, pm sent. Thanks.
    operam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yup, you* must have activated the Facetime feature. It automatically sends an activation message to a UK number. It's nothing really to do with eMobile, but with Apple.
    (* or someone with access to your iPhone)

If you google the number, you'll find it discussed in various forums.
    There are a few threads here on boards.ie as well.

Be careful you don't accidentally keep "re-activating" FaceTime. You'll get charged for each and every message it sends to activate.
    BearNecessities

You were spot on. I do have an iphone and that is the number showing in my account. Have you any idea where it came from? Pity emobile Customer Care were not as helpful as you are.
    Thanks - Operam

Thanks for your help BearNecessities - problem solved.

Thanks for your help Tony. Wished emobile Customer Care was as helpful.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

You don't have an iPhone by any chance? Was the number +447786205094?

Hi BN,

Thanks for your advice here. Much appreciated.

Tony
    Thanks for your help Tony. Wished emobile Customer Care was as helpful.

Hi operam,

No problem. I will apply that credit to your account now.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bernie 53

I had reason to contact customer care .I first contacted them by phone but they told I had to contact them by email which I did. It took them over 3 weeks to "investigate my complaint" and the out come was nothing as none of the issues I rose with them were addressed I was told I had to take it up with the sales assistant in he store not with them.Now the sales assistant has left I would assumed she was employed by emobile .I was mis-sold a phone and package.I was far better off on meteor.We are a small but growing firm of accountants and as soon as my contract is up with emobile we will be moving our mobile ,land line and internet service.So do not move to emobile

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

bernie 53 wrote: »
    I had reason to contact customer care .I first contacted them by phone but they told I had to contact them by email which I did. It took them over 3 weeks to "investigate my complaint" and the out come was nothing as none of the issues I rose with them were addressed I was told I had to take it up with the sales assistant in he store not with them.Now the sales assistant has left I would assumed she was employed by emobile .I was mis-sold a phone and package.I was far better off on meteor.We are a small but growing firm of accountants and as soon as my contract is up with emobile we will be moving our mobile ,land line and internet service.So do not move to emobile

Hi bernie 53,

Sorry to hear you were mis-sold your plan. Could you PM your mobile number pin and the details of your issue I will be happy to get this investigated for you.

Gráinne

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bernie 53

Hi bernie 53,

Sorry to hear you were mis-sold your plan. Could you PM your mobile number pin and the details of your issue I will be happy to get this investigated for you.

Gráinne

For All the good it did me still got the standard reply not long to go with my contract so all mobiles and Land lines and broadband are moving

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

bernie 53 wrote: »
    For All the good it did me still got the standard reply not long to go with my contract so all mobiles and Land lines and broadband are moving

Hi bernie 53,

If you wish for me to look into your issue just PM me the details I requested in my previous post and I will be happy to help.

Grainne

Advertisement