Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupidity of "Personal Account" registration

Options
  • 31-07-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Currently dealing with the following situation and seeing as I can't get any satisfaction from email hoping someone else can help me out with some information. A client (personal friend) was getting a site built for her new business. Between all of it the site didnt get done so she asked me to do it which I did. I moved the hosting from Blacknight to my own hosting on servage and all has been going fine. Now the other day the original registrar emailed her that her domain needed to be renewed to prevent disruption so she emailed him asking to move the account to her name so she could do the payments in the future. He however is currently out in the bush in Australia doing 3 months regional work and one would assume with no access to emial to do this. There is no sour grapes between the registrant and the business owner.
    At this point I emailed explaining the situation and the reply I received was
    "Unfortunately as this is a personal account we can only deal with *******.
    Please contact him to proceed with this request."

I can obviously prove the domain is currently on my hosting and I can get any business docs required & also the whois lists the business owner as all the fields (not once is the person who registered the account mentioned in the whois info). Surely there must be some way to get this domain moved to the business owner and prevent loss of business from the domain going down?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

Could you please clarify a couple of things:
    • - the domain: is it registered with us or with a different registrar?
    • - who is the domain registered to? ie. in whois is it registered to you, the business owner or a 3rd party?
    • - if the current domain provider is not Blacknight, are they an ICANN accredited registrar? Or are they just a reseller of a registrar?

Thanks

Michele

Advertisement