Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makeup Tutorial/Lesson

• 31-07-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hey :)

My wife has hinted that she would like a make up lesson/tutorial for her upcoming birthday. Where would be the best place to go to for this? Beauticians? Or those make up stands in places like Debenhams?

I've been googling and for the most part I'm getting night courses returned.

Essentially, I think she'd like a 1 - 2 hour one to one lesson where they would show her how to use her set of brushes and stuff like that.

Thanks for the advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Most makeup stands in the likes of Debenhams don't do make up lessons, they're 'lessons' generally are just getting your makeup done. However on this forum there is a recent post about Urban Decay makeup course that your wife may be interested in however that may be for the younger age group (20-30's) but I don't know your wife so can't judge for you sorry.

You could pop into brown thomas though and go up to the make up stands and enquire with some of the ladies if they know of anything :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

If you buy a product from Inglot they give you a one-to-one 30 min lesson free. I got a voucher recently and was able to get my lesson when I spent it. It was really good cos I got to tell the girl exactly what I wanted to learn. It also doubles up as a makeover cos they do your makeup at the same time. It was good, but prob not suitable if you were after something more intensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Most makeup stands in the likes of Debenhams don't do make up lessons, they're 'lessons' generally are just getting your makeup done.

Yeah, that's what I'd like to avoid alright. I'm not too sure if she'd like to be sitting at one of those demo stands in the likes of Debenhams or Brown Thomas anyway.

I meant to emphasise that we're based in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Yeah, that's what I'd like to avoid alright. I'm not too sure if she'd like to be sitting at one of those demo stands in the likes of Debenhams or Brown Thomas anyway.

I meant to emphasise that we're based in Cork.

Sorry I missed the fact that you were in Cork! There is a BT in Cork if I correctly remember so like I said pop in and ask one of the ladies at the make up stands and they might be able to point you in the right direction. Good Luck :)

Did some thrawling on those wedding and bridal forums...I survived and found the following 3 options so far:

Joan Cashman - Cork City - http://www.colourandimage.ie/makeuplesson.html - 021 427 6330

Elaine O Callaghan - private 2 hr lesson €100 - http://elaineocallaghan.net/eocmua/services/make-up-lessons/ - 087 6617422

Karen - private lesson in Douglas - 0879383790

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

MissRetro wrote: »

Excellent! Thanks a million for this, the place looks impressive.

Advertisement