Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comments Removed???

Options
  • 31-07-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I put a comment up regarding a certain Locksmiths in the dublin 15 area and it was removed?? Am I not entitled to my opinion commenting on their services, attitude and manner and workmanship????
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your comments raised concerns given that you were a brand new poster and particularly given the nature of your post.

Consumer Issues has to tread a fine line between allowing posters the chance to voice consumer issues, but not allowing unfounded or damaging posts against a business' reputation.

The fact that I had suspicions of re-registering under a different username to try again further compounded my decision to delete your comments.

Thread moved to Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Psheer55

No I assumed that the site was fundamentally here for the purpose to express your views and make other consumers aware of this also?

Im sure everyone has there own views... However it was merely my experience that I feel should be shared to make people aware in the climate we are in who they give their business to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The problem is that your views are put through Boards.ie and they are ones who are liable for any actions taken by a disgruntled business.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You may not be aware of that boards is privately owned and opinions expressed by yourself may impact the owners of the site.
    In short, although the ceiling can be pretty high there is no free speech here.

Advertisement