Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Backpack Reccommendations?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Meet Green Martian at the recent bike spin (sound lad, great craic) and seen the Kriega in the flesh. It really is a superb piece of kit, the build design and workmanship is 2nd to none. Deffo gonna try get one of the "R" series over the next few weeks.

Highly recommend the R30.

Will give ya that 20 nxt time i see ya for saying im sound :D

I think you now understand why i was like a child at christmas lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

They have a few of them on fleabay and a different looking R35....but you need the R30. I wonder if the R35 has the same design but just slighty larger. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

They have a few of them on fleabay and a different looking R35....but you need the R30. I wonder if the R35 has the same design but just slighty larger. :confused:

That's all it is man. One is 35 litre, the other is 30. I think they're pretty much the same bag.

That's all it is man. One is 35 litre, the other is 30. I think they're pretty much the same bag.

I don't think the 35 is fully waterproof from looking at the specs http://www.kriega.com/categories/Rucksacks/

R30pack__45586_thumb.png R30
    R35pack__88545_thumb.pngR35

AFAIK Graham its not the same, you have to buy the optional US-05 or US-10 dry liner bag and insert it for 100% Water proofing and that is my main reason for buying the R30 sticking my camera in it when I am using it. It has to be 100% waterproof, I love the way you can take out the liner also for a cleaning if needs be and add the hydration pack if you want also. I was gonna get the R35 today but I will hold off its a tad big for every day riding, more of a weekend bag or longer TBH. That R30 is ideal and the roll down tarp closure is just brilliant....the R25 is sweet aswell but again not 100% WP.

Gonna have a search and see what is the best place and best price....might fly in megabikes during the week and see what he has.

• Advertisement

Well after having a good nose around Megabikes yesterday and the different options I ended up with the KRIEGA R30. Its 100% waterproof the others being water resistant and is expandable if the 30ltrs is not big enough. The other bags are good (knox etc) but not made to the same standard as the Kriega but then again you are paying more for the Kriega and the 10yr warranty is nice to have all the same.

Excellant piece of kit and I got it for €149.99 with a bit of haggling as opposed to €170

...and the 10yr warranty is nice to have all the same....

Seriously?? 10 years??? :eek: That's impressive!

Seriously?? 10 years??? :eek: That's impressive!

Yep, just don't lose the receipt :p

Well even if Megabikes go bust it is honoured by Kriega so yeah keep the receipt....I scanned it aswell onto the 'puter to have a backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Excellant piece of kit and I got it for €149.99 with a bit of haggling as opposed to €170

I'm thinking of getting one myself, you can't go wrong with Kriega especially with the 10 year warranty which breaks down at €14.99 a year!

• Advertisement

It is alot of money for a piece of kit especially when its not safety orientated, however I can justify it as I need a comfortable 100% waterproof backpack for my camera & food/water aswell as raingear and other items when I am out and about at the road races etc. If I did not need it specifically I would have got a lesser option that would do a good job for half the price. But a friend of mine has the R35 for 4 yrs now and he gives it dogs abuse and its still PERFECT!

Really cant fault them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Sweet....how much Greenie?....them not cheap them MEGABIKES crowd. But its an absolute SAVAGE piece of kit.

http://www.kriega.com/r30/

€160 (£125.23) is pretty competitive compared to the on-line price from Kriega's site of £135.

I've used Megabikes a few times and have found their prices comparable to buying online from the UK/Europe. The most recent example was Halvarssons jeans. I saw them online for £110 and in Megabikes for €130 (£101.78).

(Conversions from today's rates on xe.com)

Well I would haggle in any shop regardless. I paid €149 and I did look online but it was much of a muchness....I would like to see how "FRIENDLY" they are when you are going back with something faulty. That is how I rate any shop or service.....example is scottoiler. Never seen customer service like them in my life, they are just brilliant.

I will be getting a little Kriega waist pack aswell they are brilliant too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Pays to haggle, if you don't try you definitely don't get.

Tempted to get an R30 myself after reading this conversation :)

Well you more then welcome to have a gander at mine before you buy....I will be out and about on sunday for a spin with a few lads off here. But you will not be dissapointed thats for sure.

Pays to haggle, if you don't try you definitely don't get.

Tempted to get an R30 myself after reading this conversation :)

Well Wonda listened to me and had a good butchers at mine when we met up a few weeks ago, best buy IMO for a backpack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Well the backpack arrived last Friday but I only got a chance to collect it from the post office on Monday.
    Initial impressions are good.
    It's very comfortable to wear, feels like it is pretty waterproof and there's a waterproof cover should the going get extra tough.
    Fits a lid in the main helmet no problems and has the added benefit of being able to strap something large or bulky through the back of it.
    The second compartment at the bottom is handy but the liner is flexible so you can take up all the space in the main compartment instead.
    One thing is the blurb which comes with it says not to exceed 100km/hr, I have however done this with no issues :P
    Would recommend it at a third of the price of the Kriega.

Does look like its comfy and well worth the €50 or so, only thing I would be weary off is even with a rain cover in heavy rain the bag can get wet. I learned this the hard way with my current bag that had a "waterproof" cover....

Glad you got sorted all the same...enjoy.

Simona1986 wrote: »
    One thing is the blurb which comes with it says not to exceed 100km/hr, I have however done this with no issues :P

What?? :confused: What's the feckin' point so? Only for use on push-bikes?? LOL

Anyway, glad you got it and are happy with it.

Advertisement