Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reg start time

Options
  • 31-07-2012 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭

I went to go book my start time today like the rest of my year but sisweb told me that my start time was the 1st of august. So i checked and it says that people who are registering then are "Arts/Social Sc (Stage 2) Year 2;". But I'm going into my 3rd year?

In 2nd year I attempted 60 credits, but got 45. My GPA is 2.57... and the modules i failed weren't core ones that had to be passed to follow through to next year. Anyone know whats going on? Im confused :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

I'm also going into 3rd year Arts -- we're getting our start times today from 12 onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Isn't 2nd year from August 1st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Siuin wrote: »
    I'm also going into 3rd year Arts -- we're getting our start times today from 12 onwards

Yeah, I should be the same as you, but there putting me into 2nd year again... Im so confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

You probably didn't pass enough 2nd year modules to progress to 3rd year modules- might be worth leaving a message on UCD Registry's FB page- they seem to respond there pretty quickly

I emailed the registry there, hopefully ill get a reply back soon. Frick, I thought i could repeat modules while I was in 3rd year, if I have to do an extra semester or entire year... Ahh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

muffinz wrote: »
    I went to go book my start time today like the rest of my year but sisweb told me that my start time was the 1st of august. So i checked and it says that people who are registering then are "Arts/Social Sc (Stage 2) Year 2;". But I'm going into my 3rd year?

In 2nd year I attempted 60 credits, but got 45. My GPA is 2.57... and the modules i failed weren't core ones that had to be passed to follow through to next year. Anyone know whats going on? Im confused :/

I'm wondering if this could be a progression issue. I had thought that 50 Credits were required to be passed to continue onto the next year. If you chose to repeat the 3 modules you failed, then that could be the issue.

Shoite. Could I not progress to 3rd year and just repeat the 1 i failed in summer 2012?

Think max the let you bring forward is 10 extra credits and you have 15. You could compensate one and prob move forward

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

muffinz wrote: »
    Shoite. Could I not progress to 3rd year and just repeat the 1 i failed in summer 2012?

You cannot repeat in Summer, you repeat with Winter exams. You said in OP you got 45/60 credits but here you seem to be saying you only failed one? You need 50 credits to progress to the next stage.

I did get 45, I failed 2 at christmas and 1 at summer. I was hoping to repeat the one I failed at summer in 3rd year and leave the other 2.

• Advertisement

Not do them or replace them? If you don't do anything and have credits outstanding you'll not get to graduate.

Ah sorry, I meant to say that I'm able to compensate both of those modules from Sem 1, so by the end of this year I should have all my modules done and can compensate 10 credits.

I emailed the programme and I'm getting some good info off them, the future doesn't look too bleak for now!

I was wondering there for a minute. Good that you're getting progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

It's strange that your other modules haven't been compensated already. If you get them compensated you'll have 55 credits & then you just resit the one you failed when you're doing your exams before Christmas.
    Glad you're getting help from the programme office, they'll be able to sort everything out with you.

Advertisement