Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things culchies no nothing about.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

It always makes me laugh at how offended and upset these threads make people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Wine, cheese and archery.

Pfft. Philistines. Filthy ones at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Dublin>Culchieland.

No matter what way you spin it, this is a fact. It's why you all live here. ...........nicer, more cultured people, better looking women. The list is endless.

Yep, thats all the culchies who live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

IrishAm wrote: »
    Dublin should become an independent state and throw off the shackles of culchie tyranny. Dublin generates 40% of the tax take.

We would be better off independent.

Yeah but you still get yer water from Wicklow
    You'll be suffering when Wicklow cuts you off :p

And now the Dubs want to flood an area in Westmeath and take our Shannon water and not even pay the local councils for it

How about fixing your pipes instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Gurgle wrote: »
    Well none of us know the economic secrets which make it financially viable to sell loi'ers at 5 for a pouuuuend (or whatever the current street value of loi'ers is in yewerr-ows).

True. But you sure know how to suck a state dry and extract as many farming grants and subsidies as humanely possible.

All while screaming poverty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Gurgle wrote: »
    Well none of us know the economic secrets which make it financially viable to sell loi'ers at 5 for a pouuuuend (or whatever the current street value of loi'ers is in yewerr-ows).

Took me ages, but bravo. One thing i love about living here (and being from here!) is the extra syllables and letters being thrown into words.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I really don't want to have to explain the irony of your post to you. Please don't make me do it...

You have obviously missed the irony of my post, but dont let that worry you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Dublin>Culchieland.

No matter what way you spin it, this is a fact. It's why you all live here. More jobs, better infrastructure, nicer, more cultured people, better looking women. The list is endless.

Absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

IrishAm wrote: »
    Dublin should become an independent state and throw off the shackles of culchie tyranny. Dublin generates 40% of the tax take.

We would be better off independent.

40%? Really? Any source to how much of the countries social welfare bill goes to people living in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Public transport

Having used public transport in Dublin I dont think they know much about it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

going to concerts and stabbing each other
    buying/taking lots of heroin
    being on the dole for your entire adult life

Still better than living in the sticks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

AEDIC wrote: »
    You have obviously missed the irony of my post, but dont let that worry you.

Why would I be worried? I'm from Dublin sure.

But you cannot do all those things if you want your sister to stay faithfull to you.:D

mikemac1 wrote: »
    And now the Dubs want to flood an area in Westmeath and take our Shannon water and not even pay the local councils for it

Pray tell, whose tax revenue funds Westmeath's county council?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Why would I be worried? I'm from Dublin sure.

So good you would never leave the place ;) ( < there to indicate the irony)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

40%? Really? Any source to how much of the countries social welfare bill goes to people living in Dublin?

You are talking to someone who fails to grasp that a large part of the population of the Dublin metropolitan area are not from Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

There is no such thing as a culchie. It's farmers you're all so desperate to try to mock I think. This is a repetitive display.
    I find people that spout this crap are lads that would be lost anywhere else in Ireland let alone anywhere else in the world.
    Good knows how there is such a stink of xenophobia off some people for the rest of their own country. This comes up again and again, it's clearly reflecting real attitudes.

Any source to how much of the countries social welfare bill goes to people living in Dublin?

Look up the unemployment stats by county.

Then look up the list of NAMA's recipients.

All culchies.

Shryke wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a culchie. It's farmers you're all so desperate to try to mock I think. This is a repetitive display.
    I find people that spout this crap are lads that would be lost anywhere else in Ireland let alone anywhere else in the world.
    Good knows how there is such a stink of xenophobia off some people for the rest of their own country. This comes up again and again, it's clearly reflecting real attitudes.

^^^^^
    Clulchie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

We don't realise just how pretentious one gets once they step inside a city.

Anyways, they don't cater for us. Where am I supposed to park my donkey?

• Advertisement

Shryke wrote: »

Calm down dear...its just a bit of Tuesday afternoon craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I didn't know Limerick was being included in the greater Dublin region...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You didn't really think this would work out in AH?
    Please use the jackeen forum for jackeen chat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement