Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm new to road cycling and need some help

Options
  • 31-07-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I bought my carrera about 2 hears ago and at that time I was cycling around for a bit of a hobby and sort of lost interest after a few months. But after watching the Olympic road race I was looking to really get into proper road cycling does anybody have any advice and possibly a cycling club close enough to Beaumont. Thank you in advance and Is there anybody that has started recently into cycling like a year or two ago that has really been improving on the bike.Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RobDunbar

I'm also new to cycling. I go for spins on my own and I really enjoy it. I'm also looking to join a club but not sure what one. I'd just like a few suggestions. I live near Beaumount so anywhere in this area would be great.

I want to join a club that does training spins during the winter, so I can build up as I want to race next year. I would also like to know how I can work on my sprinting and explosiveness.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Dublin Wheelers are probably the nearest. I believe their spins go from Santry.

Great. Would anyone from Dublin Wheelers be able to tell me a bit more about the club?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 New_Rider1990

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is also fairly new and that someone is willing to help out some people who are just starting:D.I'm 22 and is there anybody form that club who is around my age and hopefully of a similar ability. If anybody from dublin wheelers if they see this let me know it would be greatly appreciated and if I do plan on going on one of their cycles do I just turn up at santry.I'll probably try build up a bit so I don't make a fool of myself:o,Thanks again and if anybody has more advice I would really be thankful.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Cycling Ireland have a database of clubs here, where you can get contact details for any member club. Best get in touch with whatever club you're interested in joining and get them to talk you through it.

Most clubs run spins throughout the winter, so late September/early October is the best time to join up.

• Advertisement

New_Rider1990, I'm 20 and would also like to hear from a member my age about how he/she finds Dublin Wheelers. I would like to join one with a number of members around my age.

Also, thanks Vladimir for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 New_Rider1990

Rob, i have started a new thread seeking some insight about dublin wheelers here it is [HTML]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80008576#post80008576[/HTML] hopefully someone in the club could offer some more help.Thank you vladimir for your help if you have anymore advice it would be greatly appreciated:).

Cheers

Advertisement