Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 7 Owners Thread - apps, tips & tricks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭stevek93

kave2 wrote: »
    Not working for me. Says incorrect serial number even though when I entered it first, it automatically recognized the device but when i click submit it is giving me incorrect serial number. Very weird.
    The 3rd number isn't a o its a 0 made the same mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kave2

I have only 3 letters d, a, f and the rest is numbers.. I tried the cssn number from the box which is the same as the one in the device and ssn number from the box, none of the working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Its definitely the ssn, mine started with C8OKBC. Very picky, keep trying until you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 laszlo

About these Asus refund vouchers, if anyone manages to find out where can they be used, I'd be grateful for the info. From what I can see Asus does not have an Irish online store.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Got mine registered, same as everyone else, took a few go's. There a thread over on xda about some of the hoops you have to jump through to register here.
    I'm waiting on a reply from Asus to see what i actually get. I bought mine in Argos, they accepted that at registration.

I'll get back with any updates.

Is this only for the 16gb before the 32gb was released and the price changed correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭aka Dus

The ASUS website is a spectacular ball of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

aka Dus wrote: »
    The ASUS website is a spectacular ball of ****e.

Sure is. Went to register my nexus 7 last night and it was really, finally got to the registration form and it was in Chinese!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Is there anything even worth getting on the site?

Very little for the Nexus on it, just a few different colour covers and the adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kave2

Did anyone receive the email from Asus? It took quite a lot of attempts but managed to get it registered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finally got my case. It's pretty nice and turns the device on and off which is nice.

Still has to be folded a bit more before it is properly working but very good in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

kave2 wrote: »
    Did anyone receive the email from Asus? It took quite a lot of attempts but managed to get it registered.

I was able to register, but no email from Asus yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭corkie

corkie wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Anyone tried this to see if it supports profiles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Lol:
    To protect your password from been vandalized, please mix it with alphabets and numerals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Oh god, how have these guys been able to produce hardware:
    Dear ASUS User
    Due to the Server is now busy, we apologize the webpage(s) cannot be opened on your request. Please try this site later. Thank you.... Congratulation Mr. Conor

wingnut wrote: »
    Oh god, how have these guys been able to produce hardware:

Take it you haven't seen the build quality issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Brilliant, updated to 4.2 using Rom Manager from Android 4.1.2 build JZO54K. simple as ;)

bogman wrote: »
    Brilliant, updated to 4.2 using Rom Manager from Android 4.1.2 build JZO54K. simple as ;)

How did you install rom manager? Got adb working to reboot the device into recovery but after that it then fails to recognise it :confused:

Quick update adb is sending the zip over now will report back when its installed. :D

Edit: Just installed liking it so far only issue had so far was nova launcher wasn't working properly updated to beta and now working perfect, hopefully this update will fix some of the software bug in 4.1.2.

Also if you are installing via adb install pdanet if it doesn't work and noticed it takes a few minutes for the commands to get going so just be patient. ;)

Rooted using Wugs Nexus toolkit when I got the Nexus first day

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1766475

From what I remember it installed Clockwork Mod as part of the installation, you seem to be doing fine using ADB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Got 4.2, liking the new touches, especially the profiles. Dolphin browser crashes on me every time

Rooted the Nexus 7 originally using Wugs toolkit below

Think Clockwork Mod was part of the package, you seem to be doing fine with ADB Steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

MCR will be up tomorrow so I'll wait for that.

bogman wrote: »
    Rooted using Wugs Nexus toolkit when I got the Nexus first day

From what I remember it installed Clockwork Mod as part of the installation, you seem to be doing fine using ADB

Cool might have a look at that so. Waited a while till I rooted as LOADS of people were complaining about the build quality including the dreaded screen lift, warranty voided if I was to root.

Chet T16 wrote: »
    MCR will be up tomorrow so I'll wait for that.

What's MRC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

No photosphere support for nexus 7 :(
    It would be hard to take a pic with the cam facing you though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

where is the nexus 7 serial number if i dont have the box?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Really impressed at how well the profiles work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

marcbrophy wrote: »
    No photosphere support for nexus 7 :(
    It would be hard to take a pic with the cam facing you though :pac:

That's just due to the fact that you have the camera app installed from the play store?

You could find it elsewhere I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

shizz wrote: »
    That's just due to the fact that you have the camera app installed from the play store?

You could find it elsewhere I'd imagine.

Yeah possibly! Even though it's the one created by that guy from Modaco,which hasn't been updated since July 4th, since I upgraded to 4.2 it shows the photosphere function, but it says not compatible.

Strange!
    I'm sure there's a way to get it working though!

Why am I noticing lag after the update :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

stevek93 wrote: »

Not just me so.

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Not just me so.

Have noticed it before flashing a new ROM over a old one my Galaxy S without wiping it in the recovery maybe a wipe would fix things?

The new update sucks balls. Forced closes all over the place and the multiple accounts things works great but is as slow as hell. Hopefully they bring out a little update to iron out these problems fast.

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    The new update sucks balls. Forced closes all over the place and the multiple accounts things works great but is as slow as hell. Hopefully they bring out a little update to iron out these problems fast.

Agreed. Very tempted to flash a custom ROM back to 4.1.2, if I do this can I go back to stock if I it ever needs to be returned?

Also if you haven't upgraded to 4.2 yet Id advise not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I got the update - firefox beta is crashing constantly

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

I got the update - firefox beta is crashing constantly

Try Dolphin https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser&hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Can it play flash ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

For the record my snappy N7 has turned into a lagfest since the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

+1. Currently backing up before flashing to ParanoidAndroid :(

Don't think the lag problem in Android will ever be fixed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

About those suffering from lag after the update to 4.2. I got the update OTA from Google last night and it was incredibly slow after so went to bed pissed off. This morning though it was fine. I think it was just checking for updates of apps, logging into apps, checking for notifications, updating widgets and verifying crap after the update all at once and it was fine again after a while once that crap finished and returned to normal cycles. For example the Facebook App was killing the ram after the update but is back to normal now. Hopefully it will stay as speedy as it is now.

Dudda wrote: »
    About those suffering from lag after the update to 4.2. I got the update OTA from Google last night and it was incredibly slow after so went to bed pissed off. This morning though it was fine. I think it was just checking for updates of apps, logging into apps, checking for notifications, updating widgets and verifying crap after the update all at once and it was fine again after a while once that crap finished and returned to normal cycles. For example the Facebook App was killing the ram after the update but is back to normal now. Hopefully it will stay as speedy as it is now.

Not the same here just home picked up my tablet and straight away noticed lag on the screen screen and browsing throughout the launcher. Its like its trying to load while giving less resources to the UI.

I added a 2nd user, I see complaints on the web that this causes the lag, did the rest of ye seeing lag do the same?

Inquitus wrote: »
    I added a 2nd user, I see complaints on the web that this causes the lag, did the rest of ye seeing lag do the same?
    Had been laggy before I added the second user and still is after I deleted the other user.

• Advertisement

Don't think the lag problem in Android will ever be fixed. :(

My Galaxy Note 2, SGS3 before it and Galaxy Nexus before that were/are all lag free.

Advertisement