Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a job

Options
  • 31-07-2012 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi there

I have some capital but no job, worked in construction industry but that's gone now ,looked in to buying taxi plate , courier franchise's, but there seem to be a lot of them about , any ideas welcome , not too gone on those get rich quick scams .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Go to your local newsagent and pick up franchise ireland the magazine,

You should give this a read and it may spur you into purchasing something viable. I disagree with you "investing" money into anything else that you dont have experience in !!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

The taxi industry is over crowded at the moment. I would stay away form this industry. Some courier companies are very profitable some are not be careful. Have you tried contacting courier companies and see if you could do a month with them before handing over any cash to give you an insight into the business.

+1 franchise ireland magazine

http://www.whichfranchise.ie/
    http://www.franchiseireland.com/
    http://www.franchise-pitstop.ie/

Some of these websites might give you ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kerryted

Thanks lads

had a look at some of those franchises some i never heard of them before, spent a few days with a fastway courier he was selling hes run but when i went looking for his accounts he made a few excuses about them , I might sit it out for another year or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Well fastaway were Francishor of the Year and would Highly Reccomend them from a franchise point of view..

His perspective his area might be lacking or his accounts may be poor so obviously when buying "HIS" run keep your eyes and ears open.
    From what you have said about this particular guy i would move on and look for something else !

best of luck with it either way !

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

PM sent with a little info for you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

kerryted wrote: »
    Thanks lads

had a look at some of those franchises some i never heard of them before, spent a few days with a fastway courier he was selling hes run but when i went looking for his accounts he made a few excuses about them , I might sit it out for another year or 2

Their territory is small and they make very little. They featured on Joe Duffy 2/3 years ago with tales of woe !

Advertisement