Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pub going into buzz's

Options
  • 31-07-2012 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

as title says there is new a new pub going into what used to be buzz'z bar, anyone any info on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I heard rumours of this last week. Apparently it's going to be a gastro bar, opening in about a month or so. Might see if I can find out some more info tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Schism wrote: »
    I heard rumours of this last week. Apparently it's going to be a gastro bar, opening in about a month or so. Might see if I can find out some more info tonight.
    Gastro bar? interesting

also hello hobbes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Calvin And Hobbes > all drinking establishments.

The completely works is a thing of loveliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

went up after FP

there is a website on the front of the building but it isn't active

www.gastrobar&grill.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Some changes afoot at Lautrec's as well apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

ottostreet wrote: »
    Some changes afoot at Lautrec's as well apparently.

apparently the med bought it

Nice to see something opening for a change, it must be said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I'm pretty sure Lautrecs was open last week, maybe I was seeing things.

Couldn't find any more info about buzz's I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Frynge wrote: »
    apparently the med bought it

So can we assume they'll make the Med bigger then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Lautrecs was open today at lunch time as I was passing by.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Frynge wrote: »
    went up after FP

there is a website on the front of the building but it isn't active

www.gastrobar&grill.com

i tried gastrobarandgrill.com and it redirected to http://gastrobarandgrill.ie/

it just says launching soon

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

I just clicked the link and the website is up and running now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Phoenix and Barry White used to be some show in Buzz's. Really wasn't sure why the doors closed, the rent must be a lot there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

it closed because they lost the late license and then people just went elsewhere. i think its only redeeming factor at one stage was its late bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Used to be the spot to go to .

Thought it had gone v downhill before it had closed and then there was the problem with druggies

n36t55.jpg

Looking good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

jpcarlow wrote: »
    n36t55.jpg

Looking good

Nice to see something opening on Tullow Street instead of shutting down!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Dboy85 wrote: »
    Phoenix and Barry White used to be some show in Buzz's. Really wasn't sure why the doors closed, the rent must be a lot there.
    spent many a Thursday night in there. it used to be great and off to club 23 after for the last few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭RedWolfCQB

Lautrecs is gone, there's one in Kilkenny now and its taking the gift vouchers etc. Apparently they're only opening the ground floor of old buzz's for now with plans for the other floors for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

foggy_lad wrote: »
    spent many a Thursday night in there. it used to be great and off to club 23 after for the last few pints.

Or Club OAP as we used to call it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

RedWolfCQB wrote: »
    Lautrecs is gone, there's one in Kilkenny now and its taking the gift vouchers etc. Apparently they're only opening the ground floor of old buzz's for now with plans for the other floors for the future.

Dunno whether you mean Lautrec's as a business, or as a premises. Turns out my boss at the Med bought Lautrecs recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭RedWolfCQB

ottostreet wrote: »
    Dunno whether you mean Lautrec's as a business, or as a premises. Turns out my boss at the Med bought Lautrecs recently.

The business I know the chef Dex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Or Club OAP as we used to call it. :pac:
    If you were 19-23 you couldn't go to the foundry weekends for fear of being called a cradle snatcher or pervert the crowd are so young in the place:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bluebell1

Had lunch in there today, very nice, sambo's , salads and full dinners. quite busy around 1pm. nice coffee. one of the owners was around, made a point of chatting to customers asking for feedback. Nice to see.

bluebell1 wrote: »
    Had lunch in there today, very nice, sambo's , salads and full dinners. quite busy around 1pm. nice coffee. one of the owners was around, made a point of chatting to customers asking for feedback. Nice to see.
    Whats it like pricing wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bluebell1

The open sambo's were 5.95 , main courses between 10 and 12 i think. coffees around the 2.50 mark. similiar to brooks, lennons, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Was in here over the weekend. Place looks ok but could do with some more work, couple of Carlow Brewing Company Beers on tap and a fair few people eating in the back.

Best of luck to all involved, as a regular from the old days I am genuinely delighted to see the old place kicking again.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

Sorry if I'm reopening an old thread.

I was in there yesterday. Just had coffee's but I liked it. It has not changed one bit from the buzz's .A lick of paint and a slight bit of remodelling but thats not a bad thing as it was always a decent looking place.

The coffee was nice, service was pleasant and they even give out a little bounty bar with your drink.

Apparently the plan is to open up the outside area (bridewell lane side) for a beer garden and maybe use the upstairs for boutique functions / weddings.

Best of luck to them

• Advertisement
Advertisement