Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door locking problem.

• 31-07-2012 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Back door is playing up.

It's an Aluminium door with 6 locking points and ERA are the only markings on the door.

The spring that returns the handle to it's normal horizontal position is not working and today the lock would not lock.

The clasp that normally closes the door unlocked was stuck but after a few pokes is working again.

Is it a whole new locking system that I need? how much? and from where?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Bump.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

There is a good chance it's a new lock and handles you need try giving a squirt of wd40 into lock and see if it eases the lock. Sounds like your handles are gone doe.

Try national seals on the Naas road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

When you take out the 16 screws from the strip the length of the door is the lock part of the strip and if not is it easy to connect the new lock to the 4 sliding locks? if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

you can get a replacemnet door gearbox off e bay for less than 20 euro . and just swap over the lenghts that hold the 6 cylinderal lock pins , you will need torx head allen keys but the swap is straight forward . when ordering measure from hangle center to locking face , the era models come in 35mm snd 45mm , so order the correct one .

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

you could try take the gearbox apart , i did and found a broken piece was stopping the lock from returning fully (sometimes)

• Advertisement
Advertisement