Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Security System

Options
  • 31-07-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good security camera? A while back I got the Swann DVR4-950 set and i'm not very happy with the camera's quality at all, a person walking past the camera is virtually unrecognizable unless you know the person which isn't very helpful in a robbery. The cameras will be outdoors and if at all possible be able to view license plates of a car that drives through the entrances? Budget for 4 cameras is about €100-200. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: No DVR required, can use the Swann DVR4-950 one.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You are never going to get registration plates on a budget of €100-€200 .
    I also wouldn't use a recorder like that if your looking for decent quality playback. Its only recording at 50 FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cirx08

KoolKid wrote: »
    You are never going to get registration plates on a budget of €100-€200 .
    I also wouldn't use a recorder like that if your looking for decent quality playback. Its only recording at 50 FPS.

Well scratch the plates thing, as long as it can get faces from about 5-10 meters away maybe €300 for 4 cameras?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Forget about the cheap kits .Take a look at the suppliers sticky buy direct from them . Condor security have some good offers on good quality cameras.

Advertisement