Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatibility Issues...?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

I'd get a Celeron G530 with a H61 motherboard sooner than get an older Athlon X2. It'd be cheaper also. What's your budget?

But yes, they would work together.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Theyv given me €300 to work with..

Which really is quite alright, seeing as they dont need a GPU. Which in this case, brings down the overall price by alot.
    I'd get a Celeron G530 with a H61 motherboard

I took a look at the Celeron G530 just there and its gotten some great reviews, think il head down that road alright.

Could you point me towards the H61 Mobo plz?

This one seems quite alright.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/AsRock-H61M-HVS-Motherboard-Socket-ASRock/dp/B005AQFA54/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1343750329&sr=1-4

At a good price too..

So the Celeron G530 and AsRock H61M-HVS Motherboard would work fine?

Iv already put the rest togther case, PSU, Ram etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

If you can squeeze it in, a 64GB SSD would be enough storage for an office PC rather than going for a hard disk drive.

How much space does Windows 7 Ultimate take up? 64gb would be plenty would it?

Ah found it, 16gb they say...

Seems your on the money, There only gonna be using it for Emails and Surfing, so really i think a 64gb SSD would actually make it cheaper. Cheers.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Amazon aren't great for full builds, try Hardwareversand.de:

Item|Price
    Intel Celeron G530 Box, LGA1155|€39.00
    ASRock H61M/U3S3 (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX|€57.74
    Samsung SSD 830 64GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box|€67.50
    Antec BasiQ VP350|€34.97
    FRACTAL DESIGN Gehäuse Core 1000 black|€34.31
    LiteOn iHAS124-19 schwarz SATA|€19.33
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€271.84

That'd be a good starting point for the tower itself. All that's needed is an OS (Try a Linux distro? Very lightweight) and you're sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Akarinn wrote: »
    How much space does Windows 7 Ultimate take up? 64gb would be plenty would it?
    That would be tight. I run a tight ship with my 80gb one but you have to remember every program defaults to the C drive and they'll sneak all kinds of files onto the drive without your knowledge. You would have to be certain of what's being installed and that updates don't end up being saved there either.
    Akarinn wrote: »
    Now iv heard there are some issues with AM3+ Motherboards and needing to flash the bios in order to use some FX amd cpu's..

I usually stick to intel products so iv never hit this wall.

Would these 2 run well togther or would I still have to flash the mobo?
    I wouldn't be too worried about flashing the motherboard, it's not as big a deal as it used to be and often necessary at some stage.

Item Price
    Intel Celeron G530 Box, LGA1155 €39.00
    ASRock H61M/U3S3 (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX €57.74
    Samsung SSD 830 64GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box €67.50
    Antec BasiQ VP350 €34.97
    FRACTAL DESIGN Gehäuse Core 1000 black €34.31
    LiteOn iHAS124-19 schwarz SATA €19.33
    Shipping €18.99
    Total €271.84

Cheers for that m8.
    Iv switched to that Mobo youv got there. Better then my choice.. :)

I know Amazon isnt the best place. But I have everything checked out with it, plus it has Super Saver delievery which works out very well.

Advertisement