Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Waits Tour 2013

Options
  • 31-07-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭

Its happening!

:D

Tour dates due next week!!

547830_10151323118619126_1970847234_n.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Oh nuts. I better start saving.

F*ck 'im.

Been a fan for years, then he charges that extortion for the last gig because the Irish will pay it.

F*ck 'im.

I'll buy red wine and get locked and play his songs on an out of tune guitar instead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

F*ck 'im.

Been a fan for years, then he charges that extortion for the last gig because the Irish will pay it.

F*ck 'im.

I'll buy red wine and get locked and play his songs on an out of tune guitar instead ;)

Didn't go to the last one myself due to the price but he was charging crazy money everywhere. Not just Ireland.

Not true. 50 euro in Turin. My friend went. Cheaper for him and his missus to fly there, stay in a nice hotel and fly home than it was for them to come up to Dublin to see him.

Not true. 50 euro in Turin. My friend went. Cheaper for him and his missus to fly there, stay in a nice hotel and fly home than it was for them to come up to Dublin to see him.

Yeah? I did similar for Springsteen in Barcelona this year. Will be going elsewhere to see Waits if thats the case this time round. May as well make a weekend of it!

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think part of the reason he was charging so much over here was pure marketing boll*cks. "The Ratcellar" IIRC? Anyway, something like that which gave you a bit of an "oooooh" feeling. In the end the Ratcellar was a huge tent.

Marvellous :rolleyes:

Elsewhere in Europe, it was just a concert, which is all I want to see Waits do. Would love to see him in Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Same here.

Hopefully ol' Tom has cottoned on to the fact that there's a recession on over here and we're broke.

Mind you these things tend to sell out here no matter what's charged.

The Nal wrote: »
    Didn't go to the last one myself due to the price but he was charging crazy money everywhere. Not just Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

bullpost wrote: »
    Same here.

Hopefully ol' Tom has cottoned on to the fact that there's a recession on over here and we're broke.

Mind you these things tend to sell out here no matter what's charged.

A lot of bands who were previously some of the worlds biggest acts are starting to fail to sell out here.

Examples being RHCP only half selling Croke Park and Madonna to a similar half fill at the Aviva.

But I think Tom Waits might have a better chance than them as there is a really big buzz about him going around right now, and he may just pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

I wouldnt get too excited just yet,not definitely a tour(though theres strong rumours of 2 German gigs)and even if it is its unlikely hell play here,he tours in venues seemingly at random,doesnt tend to play the same places two tours in a row,he went from 88 to 04 with no Uk gig,88 to 08 with no Irish gig,he may well do only 10-20 gigs world wide,flung across Europe and America,not always in obvious places

And its also fairly unlikely to be next year,his tours are usually announced not too long before the gigs themselves,id imagine if there is a tour it will be before the end of the year

Edit:The German gigs are rumoured to be as soon as September.......i really hope this isnt just about a new single or something! to be honest id prefer if it was for a new album as i wont be able to afford it even if he does play here

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

I wouldnt get too excited just yet,not definitely a tour(though theres strong rumours of 2 German gigs)and even if it is its unlikely hell play here,he tours in venues seemingly at random,doesnt tend to play the same places two tours in a row,he went from 88 to 04 with no Uk gig,88 to 08 with no Irish gig,he may well do only 10-20 gigs world wide,flung across Europe and America,not always in obvious places

And its also fairly unlikely to be next year,his tours are usually announced not too long before the gigs themselves,id imagine if there is a tour it will be before the end of the year

Exactly what I was thinking. I'll be absolutely shocked, and pleasantly surprised, if he announces any Irish dates. And if he doesn't, I'll certainly be traveling to see him, either in Europe or the States.

• Advertisement

If i was a betting man id say no Irish gig(s)mightnt even be a UK one,Germany sounds like a safer bet(even without the rumour)somewhere in Scandinavia too id say

Thats if there is a tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Edit:The German gigs are rumoured to be as soon as September.......i really hope this isnt just about a new single or something! to be honest id prefer if it was for a new album as i wont be able to afford it even if he does play here

where are you seeing/ hearing the rumours for gigs in Germany? I can't see anything on the internet.

Twas a mistake,Google Tom Waits 2012 and it leads you to a German site "The legend comes for two dates to germany in september",but when you open it...its actually referring to Leonard Cohen!

Or at least thats what it seems to be,friend of mine claimed there were listings for Tom there and then they vanished but im not sure,just have to waits till next week;)

That was Googled from Germany btw not Ireland,nothing coming up here as you probably know

Would love to see him in Chicago. I've never been there. Would be a great excuse to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I'm hoping for a New Year's gig in New York for my own selfish reasons!

Just got an email entitled Tom Waits: I Breathe Better Underwater.

Could be a rarities album or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Just got an email entitled Tom Waits: I Breathe Better Underwater.

Could be a rarities album or something.

I think I read that The Brawlers, Bawlers..... album collected most of the rarities (Orphans!).

Video? Live footage?
    I think tour is a good possibility though.

Tom Waits: Never Bring A Gun To A Spoonfight

tw_c7.jpg

How cryptic.

Tom Waits: Never Bring A Gun To A Spoonfight

How cryptic.

Indeed. Well, today is the day. He lives in California so 3pm ish is about business online time there.

Fingers crossed. Rumours it may be a new album and not a tour.

• Advertisement

So no tour then. Just a video for Hell Broke Luce. A great video mind you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Ridiculous hype for a paltry return.

A video.

Wow.

Well worth sending out cryaptic press releases for that alright. All talk and no trousers from Tom on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Ridiculously amount of Hype for nothing. I feel lead on and I'd say many others do too but are not commenting as such on the Waits website and Facebook page.

Surprised how positive people are on FB about it too,it hasnt ruined my day or anything(i never expected a tour and even if he did i couldnt afford it so it was all the one to me)but its a bit lame in fairness,he did something like this before,there was a big announcement which a lot of people thought was about a new album and it was just a live album(which wasnt great truth be told)

Tom is above criticism for a lot of people,whatever he does is genius,i worship the man but lets call a spade a spade here,its just a bloody video,you would think he had reinvented the wheel from some of the comments

Tom is above criticism for a lot of people,whatever he does is genius,i worship the man but lets call a spade a spade here,its just a bloody video,you would think he had reinvented the wheel from some of the comments

Great video but I agree 100%. And GUTTED theres no tour. A weeks wait for a video? Nah.

Advertisement