Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(UK) Girl (3) sparks urgent 999 hunt

• 31-07-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Bloody hell. In a way I hope this is a crank call. Cos the recorded call is spine chilling if it's real.

http://news.sky.com/story/967204/girl-sparks-urgent-999-hunt-in-leeds
    Police in West Yorkshire have launched an urgent appeal to trace a little girl who dialled 999 to say her mother was not moving.

The girl, who gave her name as Ellie, called the ambulance service to say her mum had fallen at their home in Leeds.

She said she was three years old and that her mother is called Stacey Hall.

She also told the 999 operator that her house number was 23 and had "Court" in the street name.

She said her grandparents lived in Bridlington.

The call was made at 10.53am yesterday but despite extensive enquiries since then the police have been unable to identify where it came from.

Detective chief inspector Lisa Griffin, from West Yorkshire's homicide and major enquiry team, said: "We urgently need the public's help to identify exactly where Ellie and her mum are.

"We are hoping that someone out there who knows the family will recognise the pieces of information that the ambulance call taker managed to get from her and will get in touch.

"We are treating this situation extremely seriously as it appears we have a woman in need of urgent medical attention and a vulnerable little girl who will also need our help.

"I want people to listen very carefully to Ellie's voice and to think about the pieces of information that we have and let us know immediately if they recognise who Ellie and her mum are and, most importantly, where they live so we can get help to them."

During the call, which lasted 33 minutes, Ellie told the operator she was nearly four years old and that her mum had fallen over and would not get up.

She said she had shouted at her mum and wiggled her but she remained on the kitchen floor with a piece of toast in her hand not moving.

She said the front and back door were locked and she could not get out of the house.

Detectives have been making wide-ranging enquiries to trace the family, including checks on police systems, hospitals, and the public register of births.

http://news.sky.com/story/967204/girl-sparks-urgent-999-hunt-in-leeds
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Sky News saying its a hoax now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

What kind of sick bastard would do this? Knowingly wasting police time and resources...
    Hope karma kicks them in the balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

She didn't sound anything like 3 years old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

On twitter that two 10 year old girls just came up with it for a laugh

Not confirmed but sounds likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

mikemac1 wrote: »
    On twitter that two 10 year old girls just came up with it for a laugh

Not confirmed but sounds likely

seeing that mentioned too, although it says now cops are questioning them.

I know its a horrible thing to do but one upside is that maybe there are a few people now out there teaching their kids what to do in the case of an accident like that.

Maybe it will save some lives in the long run.

That said the ones that faked this i would NOT want to be them right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Bring back hanging!

Ah sh1t, thought I was on the Daily Mail comments page. Having said all that, these days dont you need photo ID to buy a pay as you go phone? (you do over here, I havent set up an account back home since I was about 14 but I would assume you need to do it in the UK and Ireland these days for a new number). Would have thought it was pretty easy to track down a mobile owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Would have thought it was pretty easy to track down a mobile owner.

They did eventually, needed help from the service provider

It just takes time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Bring back hanging!

Ah sh1t, thought I was on the Daily Mail comments page. Having said all that, these days dont you need photo ID to buy a pay as you go phone? (you do over here, I havent set up an account back home since I was about 14 but I would assume you need to do it in the UK and Ireland these days for a new number). Would have thought it was pretty easy to track down a mobile owner.

Little stacey needs her phone. Who ever heard of a 10 year old without a phone?

Advertisement