Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocked Phones From USA

Options
  • 31-07-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Does anyone here know if you purchase an unlocked phone will it work here in Ireland? Just having some problems with the prices in Irish shops lately looking to broaden my horizons!

Look forward to the help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Some will, some wont. You want one with these frequency bands:

GSM 900/GSM 1800 and UMTS 2100

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you're buying mail order I really don't think it's worth the hassle and risk associated with buying a mobile (iPhone excluded) from the US. Aside from the network frequencies you also have the issue of the charger voltage - will it work on 220V?

I'd buy from a European mail order seller to be on the safe side, there's no shortage of them and given that the Euro is at or near a two-year low against the dollar, I can't see how buying from the US these days would be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Les56

Thanks guys thats really helpful!! :D wil def keep that in mind never thought about the difference in the voltage either!!

Advertisement