Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stains on outside walls plaster

• 31-07-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have what I can best described as a stain appearing on my outside wall. I have attached an image of one of the walls. It is not just the northern facing walls but all of them.

The house was built about 10 years ago. The wall is plastered with the plaster that does not need to be painted. I have seen this happening on a number of new houses, not just along the coast where we are but further inland.

I have tried power washing the walls without any joy. I have also tried scrubbing with soapy water also.

Has anyone else any experience of this?

Rgds.

Wall.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

I would try spraying it with a bleach solution (1/2 and 1/2 - bleach and water) on a fine dry not windy day. Then after about an hour, hose it down. Wear clothes you can afford to ruin!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

wait4me wrote: »
    I would try spraying it with a bleach solution (1/2 and 1/2 - bleach and water) on a fine dry not windy day. Then after about an hour, hose it down. Wear clothes you can afford to ruin!

Worked a treat - thank you very much.

Advertisement